Just curious as to how people view these words
ChipmunkErnie ChipmunkErnie 61-65, M 13 Answers Oct 11, 2010

Yes. Bossy people tell us we must not stand in the way of 'progress', when they just mean they want to change something. Whether what is proposed is 'progress' depends on the overall pros and cons, and may not be apparent for some time. I'm afraid many valuable things are set aside due to thoughtless change, and it saddens me.<br />
T.C.

Best Answer

Progress just indicates forward movement, we don't yet know the outcome, but we are moving in a desired direction. Change can be either positive or negative, but it is away from the status quo.

Best Answer

Yes, you're definition of these words is exactly how I would interpret them. However, what we consider progress, may in fact, turn out to be a negative as time goes on. Only history can tell us that.<br />
Ernie - you look sooo adorable in your head dress. Celebrating Thanksgiving early this year??

Best Answer

No, it's a national holiday here in the US -- Columbus Day, when I celebrate the American Indians' discovery of poor lost Columbus.

Best Answer

Habitate destruction is always a negative. We are losing approximately 1,000 species of flora and fauna yearly according to the results of a study put forth by the Smithonian Institute. That study is now dated. I fear to know the true statistics. (forgive my spelling, please).

Best Answer

And101 already said it all...

Best Answer

No, in my life, things can easily "progress" from bad to worse

Best Answer

I believe the Industrial Revolution was viewed as "progress", and it had many positive and negative effects on the planet overall. Change can be for the better or for the worse.

Best Answer

If the person is positivly thinking. Its better to think positive then to think negative. There are too many negative thinkers in the world today. Some of our Presidents have been negative thinkers I won't mention any names. Its also good to have a positive sense of humor like u do. Progress is a big part of this.

Best Answer

i feel it makes no difference between change or progress, positivity and negativity are a matter of one's own perspective. jmo

Best Answer

yes, that's the connotation the words have for me.

Best Answer