For example, someone made a comment on a story you wrote, you replied to their comment with one of your own. Then sometime in the future they delete their profile, so all their comments disappear from your stories; yet, your reply to those now deleted comments are still on your own story. Do you delete these lonesome comments/replies or leave it?
4vrUnique 4vrUnique 46-50 5 Answers Aug 11, 2010

no, I usually just leave them. It looks kind of funny sometimes, especially when there were a lot in one story and it looks like a bunch of replies to nothing, but I figure people will realize that there used to be comments there.

Best Answer

Yes, it is obvious they are replies to a deleted member.

Best Answer

It hasn't happened to me yet, so I have no policy in that regard. I probably won't delete mine, because it reflects my thoughts at that moment... but I do see your point, that the context is lost.

Best Answer

I just leave it alone. It doesn't do any harm. But then, I get mostly benign comments.

Best Answer

Everything you put into a computer data system is never deleted.

Best Answer

I think you misunderstood my question.

Best Answer