in10RjFox in10RjFox 46-50, M 13 Answers Nov 11, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

I have a bottle of perfume, pearl earrings and a matching pearl bracelet and a shell necklace from an ex. However, these things are currently sitting in a box under my bed. When I wasn't over him I contemplated giving those things back to him, but instead I held onto them (the pearls were too lovely to let go lol).

Best Answer

I couldn't bear to keep the jewelry he had given me. I gave the diamonds to my son, and asked him to give them to my daughter-in-law. I gave the topaz set to one of the girls who helped me pack. I gave some semi-precious stone necklaces to another girl who helped me pack. Then I donated the rest to the Homeless Shelter.

Best Answer

i still have a box of stuff hidden away i dont know if thats good or bad..

Best Answer

If they're nice gifts, why not keep them? She's got a keyboard that I dropped $100 on. Why shouldn't I keep the few nice things I got from her? If, afterward, I'm going to date someone who's so emotionally insecure that they get offended that I have stuff from an ex, well that's not a relationship that's going to work out anyway. Not for me anyway. At least I'll know. Of course, if it's something sexual or purely romantic (a heart shaped pillow or handcuff) it's probably a little 'too' much and should go. Replace that stuff with the new girlfriend.

Best Answer

No way

Best Answer

I was told to do this, but I still have a few. Many I gave away. One day I may rid myself of them all. Usually, I forget who gave them to me, but when I do remember, I usually give them away.<br />
For gifts of cloths, I dumped all of these because my Ex always bought me the incorrect size. Nothing she bought me in cloths or shoes ever fit. <br />
True story: I wore a jacket into a clothing store a month after my Ex and I broke up. A clerk working at the store informed me that the jacket I was wearing was too short on me. I told her my girlfriend bought it for me. The clerk looked at me and asked, "Did she love you?". I fumbled for an answer. The clerk just blurted out, "I didn't think so". I left the store with a new jacket.

Best Answer

None of my ex's ever given me a gift

Best Answer

This is a tough question to answer.. it all depends on what you want. If you don't want anything to do with your ex or memories of things that have happened, destroy the gift or get rid of it right away. If you still like them and want memories I guess you can keep them or do what ever you want with them..but if you talk to your new love, be prepared to answer the dreaded question of why do you still have that, are you in love with that person still? Hope this helps you. :)

Best Answer

i pawned or gave away all the jewely he gave me. didn't even get more than $200 for the stuff i pawned, barely worth the effort to do it but i'm glad i don't have it anymore either.

Best Answer