To me there's a big difference.
ChipmunkErnie ChipmunkErnie 61-65, M 29 Answers Jan 20, 2011

Yes, because they mean 2 completely different things.

Stupid simply means lacking in intelligence, where as uneducated is lacking in education, and everyone who has been through school knows that education and intelligence are NOT the same thing :P

Best Answer

Just because a person is, for instance university educated, doesn't mean they are clever, it merely means that they are a good "parrot" and can regurgitate information on demand.

@Freddietree...tsk tsk tsk

Best Answer

Ernie this comes from expert research and my own experiences , The Department of Education Employs Many stupid people , These are teachers that believe that Dyslexia is still a myth and they are the key reason for the uneducated thousands of students who have Dyslexia , If not for these types of teachers , I would be out of a job , edit : Ernie I'm one of those teachers that knows and understands dyslexia because I have it myself But the parents of all of my online students know for a fact that there are teachers that think they can reteach Childrens brains to see normal again , This is not possible as in genetics , whats done is done for life .

Paschar EP Support Volunteer

Best Answer

Have to say I've grown up around teachers, married a teacher, and NEVER ran across one who didn't believe is dyslexia.

Best Answer

Yep. Stupid people really do not know better and don't know that they do not know better. Uneducated people will usually try to persuade others that they have all the answers when they really know they do not, but knowingly try to convince others of their knowledge.

Best Answer

Yes because their meanings are totally subjective.

Best Answer

Some of the cleverest people I know are un-educated (in the popular sense).

Best Answer

Yes, but many people will turn stupid under some circumstances, and they can be clever in a different context.

Best Answer

@Undertone - Spoken like a true pseudo-intellectual confusing success with conformity.

Best Answer

Uneducated people have to work harder to get noticed than stupid people do.

Best Answer

Uneducated people learn from their mistakes and get "educated", stupid people just don't and won't learn. Not all education is of the formal variety.

Best Answer

Yes.

There are further divisions:

The wilfully ignorant (these are the lowest scum)

The lazy stupid (pretty low)

The accidentally ignorant (these people are generally OK)

The striving idiot (admirable in their own way, but still dumb).

Wilfully ignorant people should be killed. I am willing to step up to the plate with a baseball bat.

Best Answer

You can ask this question at the most basic level. Is a normal 3 year old child uneducated or stupid? Stupidity is pretty much a learned behavior developed later on in life, or caused from some emotional or physical damage. Everyone is born uneducated.

Best Answer

Yes. Sometimes a more educated person can be blinkered and understand less than another person who has received little or no education.

A person can be highly intelligent even though they haven't had a conventional or any education.

Best Answer

uneducated is much less derogatory

Best Answer

yes because i have met some very well educated people who do stupid things...n education has little to do with stupidity... we can all do dumb things in stressful times.

Best Answer

stupid people are stupid because they don't give a ****

uneducated people are because genetics and/or a hard life.

Best Answer

yes.... they mean different things to me.

Best Answer

Yes. I know many people who are well educated who are not very smart and narrow their thinking to only what they are taught. I know many people who are not well educated who are really smart, they are observant, perceptive, witty and able to adapt quickly.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Best Answer

I do, but not always. If a person goes on Jeopardy and can't get the answers I consider easy, then I will call them stupid at the time. But I understand that they are ignorant rather than unintelligent, necessarily.

Best Answer

Or their area of education and experience doesn't match your own.

Best Answer

yes, you can be uneducated yet quite clever.

Best Answer