We have here what is called the wishing trees. Its run by welfare groups a;; over Australia. Every year even though I dont have much to give I always donate 2 unwrapped toys too go towards children in my area whos parents are struggling during Christmas. Just so they get something from Santa mainly because there would be nothing worse than a child/ren getting up on Chrissy morning and there was nothing under the tree. That would be heart breaking for those kids. I just cant let that happen so my 2 toys at least put a smile on a childs face.
scardycat1968 scardycat1968 46-50, F 7 Answers Dec 16, 2013 in Community

We have angel trees. We picked up a child's wish list from one and various family members chipped in to buy the things on the list. I would rather do something like this than the traditional buying each other more stuff to collect.

Best Answer

thats fantastic those gifts would be greatly appreciate

Best Answer

for the past 40 years as I once was that child who people gave to because of our poverty

Best Answer

your giving will be highly appreciated by those families struggling at christmas :)

Best Answer

plus we give monthly to different charities

Best Answer

yes we normally purchase around 10 x $5 toys at K-Mart for small children and place them under the K-Mart tree

Best Answer

yes kmart thats where I did mine thats cool

Best Answer

Every year me and my dad go on a big shop because he works in the mines in australia and gets almost $200000. Pa. And we just go to little kids shops and other shops like that then we go to the salvo stores and ask them if we could help anybody out and they give us names and addresses that people have signed up for and we go visit them and give them food and gifts its the best feeling in the world i remember on time i gave this little girl a barbie house with about six barbies and she looked at her mum and then me and just burst into tears and ran and jumped on me kissed me on the cheek and was my best friend for the hour i was there

Best Answer

thats so cool

Best Answer

It was the best thing in the world

Best Answer

You have a wonderful dad and he is a great man

Best Answer

It was good quality time i could spend with my dad

Best Answer

I think its the look on kids faces thats the buzz thats just priceless you just cant put a value on that

Best Answer

I have in the past. I don't do that anymore. I will give to friends in need that I know personally, but I don't donate to charity much anymore.

Best Answer

Ah yes but friends in need would extremely appreciate your gifts :)

Best Answer

Or how about we dont give them anything? Kids do not need christmas, so we should be telling the parents not celebrate it.

Best Answer

Im not talking about getting load of toys just that thrill santa came.
did santa come when you were a kid? Think back the excitement kids get to know he came.

Best Answer

Im still going to say no. Why make the kids believe something we know to be false, only to break their trust & innocence once they get older? Thats pretty messed up if you ask me. Why cant we just drop the santa and gift thing already? Are you people that brainwashed? Dont give the kids anything at all, instead you should give them food and materials for the harsh winter nights, not some stupid toy. Or instead you can do something more productive and actually work there or donate to others who really need it, like people in war torn countries.

Best Answer

I do work for a charity St Vinnys for 4yrs they get what is called a food hamper which has food and gifts for the kids this is where the the toys people donate go to people who have the have nots, They also give not just to families but to anyone whos struggling

Best Answer

Drop the toy and santa thing. Dont be that cynical to the children

Best Answer

Are you talking to me? If you are, are you drunk?

Best Answer