That's about as counter productive a thing as one can ever do. In small amounts some distilled beverages help you digest but sleep? No. Bad choice. In fact, when you drink enough to "sleep" you don't actually sleep at all, none of the proper stages, no rapid eye movement, nada. You are basically unconsciousness. Anyone who knows the hangover also knows what it's like to go a full cycle without sleep. Being so tired is part of a hangover for the reasons stated. <br />
Truth is I didn't sleep for the better part of a decade. When I finally did it was with the assistance of the police, some big dudes in white coats, fancy new five-point restraints, and eight days on a phenobarbital (barbiturate, anti-consultant) drip. But I had it all under control of course. . . crazy would never happen to me. :) Sleep tight!<br />
ps- The reason I'm getting all smart arse preachy here is because if you're using alcohol to sleep you're already much closer to trouble than you realize.

Best Answer

Nope...Weed is my sleeping aid....zzzzzzz

Best Answer

No, but it does make me sleep easier if I do. I rarely drink and when i do it is 1-2 glasses of wine with and/or after dinner. That is enough to knock me out for the night.

Best Answer

drinking alcohol will not help you sleep. it inhibits the REM sleep that you need to wake up feeling refreshed.

Best Answer

wish i could but i have to take benadryl to control allergies and statins cause of high cholesterol, booze would make me sleep a long time

Best Answer

No, I drink alcohol to help me stop thinking

Best Answer

yeah that too

Best Answer

I drink alcohol to help me everything.

Best Answer

i heard that

Best Answer