TheSquirrel TheSquirrel 51-55, M 6 Answers Nov 7, 2012 in Education

I wanted my son to go to college, but he choose law school to become a cop.<br />
He's happy, I'm happy, the world has a really good cop!

Best Answer

I don't have children, but I am a child, and yes, my parents encourage me to go, and yes, I'm definitely going. Will it be worth the time and money? Only time will tell. The system's changing from knowledge ba<x>sed to creativity ba<x>sed, so a degree may not prove to be what it has been in the past.

Best Answer

Beware of all the stuff schools tell you about what the world is based on. The world still needs dig it, make it, move it, too.

Best Answer

Yes, manual labor will still have it's place alongside intellectual labor, but I'm going to go intellectual. What I meant by knowledge based vs. creativity based, is that with the internet, well, you'll be able to learn anything you need to know as you go throughout your life. It seems to me that ideas will matter more than skills, though you definitely need to be able to execute ideas.

Best Answer

I think you will find that the execution is more important and that very, very few are really creating anything. Most of us synthesize to varying degrees of success.

Best Answer

Yes. Still waiting to see the final results---she's taking classes towards a Masters now

Best Answer