My mother who is in Portugal wont talk to me, and I am starting to break down. I am going back to hiding away and not talking to anyone. I really miss her, what should I do?
GoBeyondReality GoBeyondReality 18-21, F 8 Answers Dec 17, 2012 in Parenting & Family

I can say that I do know the feeling. It's hard to deal with, but it won't always be that way.

Best Answer

No, I figure that if they don't want to talk they don't want to talk. Their problem. The again, I don't have to listen to them. Works out

Best Answer

She is in Portugal. Where are you?

Best Answer

In the UK, I am seeing her on the 27th -3rd but we aren't talking so I dont know if it is a good idea.

Best Answer

Sorry, obviously there is more to it than she just stopped talking to you. Can you find someone to mediate for the two of you ?

Best Answer

She said she can't talk to me about what has happened, and therefore just won't talk to me.

Best Answer

That is what I mean, find someone else in your family/friends who can fill you in and let her know how it is affecting you.

Best Answer

No-one else in my family talks to her.

Best Answer

Sorry again, she obviously is cutting people off in her life. Can you not get someone to go round to check on her to make sure she is alright at least.

Best Answer

jesus, if my partner or her daughter didnt talk to me more than likely I will have thought I had gone friggin deaf

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer