I am watching the movie W. It is about George W Bush junior. He felt called by God to run for Pres (oh lucky us in the states). He shared this etc. made me wonder how often other's thought this in thier lives? How do they act on it and do they share it? If a friend told me they were called of God...I would just smile nod and back away. How about you?
typoquene typoquene 41-45, F 9 Answers May 22, 2010

I've experienced the feeling of need to serve a higher purpose in my life. I call it my higher self; you can call it God if you want. I pursued it, shared it, and so far the reactions have been mixed.

Best Answer

Yup , I figure God gave me what I have for a reason ( it seemed crazy at first , took me a long time to understand it ) but at the end of all my confustion I learned that he really does do things in his own way ,even if he must blind you in order to make you see the light at the end of the rainbow better / see the truth of it all , over the last 20 years I have been provided with all the needs that are required to fulfill his goals , I feel that because of his plan that many have been brought out of their darkness toward getting a better education. ( but there are still times when I ask Him ) Did it have to Hurt so much ?? Prof S.D.Waner aka Paschar Teacher , Guide & a dyslexic .

Best Answer

I did. And I'm married to such a staunch agnostic so it made for some interesting conversations between us. And I have to say we have an amazingly strong marriage and relationship. In the end, I still feel this calling within me and my husband still does not believe in any sort of higher purpose/power/meaning and we are content with each other. We work because we each have the same core belief that regardless of your religion or race, we should be good and kind people and help others simply because its the right thing to do. My husband actually felt more love for me because despite feeling this calling to God which he could not relate too, he loves that my belief in God is not my impetus to try and help people. My calling was for something higher but not to try and perpetuate a belief. I do not try to do things hoping I will win God's favor or avoid punishment, I endeavor to make a better world because I think we should treat each other better and that our kinship with each other on this planet is the strongest of bonds. I found such a deep peace and contentment in my life when I realized what was important, my family, and I was able to begin what I think is my purpose and that is to perpetuate kindness, openness and inner peace amongst us in my little corner of the world. I do not prescribe to any religious institution or really to any faith definitively and I definitely don't feel the need to preach about belief in God, I mostly feel compelled to be nicer and better and hope my actions help others not just in the moment but in the long term. It totally sounds crazy but its the truth about how I feel and I'm cool with being a little cray-cray.

Best Answer

You have asked several questions in one. Assuming the reference to God is the Jewish Christian God my answer is based on experience. If the call for want of a better word was based on feeling forget it. If the call was something circumstances appying at the time played on your mind forget it. If well meaning people around you, perhaps christians in a local church implanted a thought to do something for God forget it. All of the above can and will be taken to use you as a means to an end even if not qualified.

Best Answer

I've felt called by God. And guess what? It ended up badly. I'm now a gnostic atheist, and looking back, I almost feel like I was mentally ill.

Best Answer

Yeah....I tell him to leave me alone and do it himself

Best Answer