smylin smylin 36-40 26 Answers Jan 30, 2011

I have done, and it was the best choice I ever made. It gave me some much-needed head space, and allowed me to be myself and decide what direction I wanted to take in life, without having to explain myself to anyone. I eventually moved back home though, with a clearer head and a more positive mind. I would definitely recommend it.

Best Answer

I often think about moving somewhere new simply for the adventure of it so my world doesn't get too small. I can start over no matter where I lve.

Best Answer

Every time I go somewhere very different. 7 years ago I did a study abroad class for a month in Paris, and I fell in love with it there. I had fleeting thoughts of moving there, but I didn't know what sort of job I could get, and I don't speak the language very well, along with the fact that I didn't know anyone that side of the ocean. The 3 years later I did another study abroad class to the Bahamas, at a research facility, and I actually talked to some of the people working there about what it would entail to live and work at that facility for a year. I had too much going on at home at the time though, so it never happened. Now fast forward to now. I recently returned from a vacation to Hawaii, and the pull is even stronger this time. I am in school for the moment, but when I am done and get my certification in 3 years, I am going to seriously look for a job out there. It was amazing, and all teh locals I talked to said they never regretted moviong to Hawaii

Best Answer

I'm somewhat in the middle of it, actually. But it's temporary.<br />
I'm leaving behind a lot of people I care about. I'm also going back to a lot of people I care about. So I'm not sure I can really say I'm starting new. More accurately, I'm rekindling an old life, with family I've been separated from for a long time, and friends I left behind many years ago. Having history in distant places can be tough.<br />
I'm on the fortunate side, though. I have an amazing boyfriend who is able to come with me.<br />
Whatever you are thinking of, I hope you can have peace of mind. =)

Best Answer

Hi, I just read your post and I am in the same boat. I am feeling a bit lost lately. I moved away to my husband's province for 5 years and didn't enjoy it there. I had a great job, wonderful little house, and close to my husband's friends and family. I missed my friends and family more though. I also started thinking about having children which made my yearn to move back closer to home stronger. My husband got work closer to my family and we moved this Feb 2011. Though I am super happy to see my fam and friends more, we both are questioning our move. We live in a small apartment now, in a crappy area of a city we don't necessarily like. He doesn't love his job and I only got a bit of work so far. I thought about my house and cried this morning because I felt settled there and that is what I want. It is funny how easy it is to forget your motivation for moving in the first place! We talked about it last night and reminded ourselves of the reasons, but I can't help but wonder if I made a mistake? I am sure that I would continue being unhappy about our situation there, but when will I feel happy with where I am?

Best Answer

Yes, I think about moving every day. I will relocate again, if things go well. <br />
I have already left everyone behind in the sense that I relocated 5 hours away a couple of years ago. I would feel guilty if I get much farther than that from my mom. She is one of the only things that keeps me around here. There are a few other complications I would have to iron out as well if i just picked up and went farther away. Like my ex and his relationship with my son. <br />
It's kind of neat to think about though, isn't it? New place. New people. The idea of becoming a new person....maybe even changing your name or reinventing yourself. There are not many people to hold me here, and my son would go where I went.

Best Answer

Howdy there. I just recently moved from Georgia to Washington State(coast to coast). Literally decided I wanted a new start and left three days later. I don't know anyone here which has its advantages. It's the best and the worst thing I've ever done. Not because of the new start, but I'm extremely homesick. I have a huge family (13 siblings and two dads) that are mainly in Colorado, Georgia, and Texas. Which is a bit a ways from where I am. It's not guilt it's the fact that knowing no one around here can get you into trouble with no way to get out I it without family being there. Guilt or no guilt you have to make the right decision for yourself.

Best Answer

Want to move out of the United States.<br />
Does any body know where my u.s dollar will be the strongest?

Best Answer

Yes and No

Best Answer

I have actually had to do this several times. Sometimes it was a choice though. ANd each time, YES I felt so guilty about leaving dear friends behind. HOWEVER, I now have dear friends all over the United States and am greatful that I met them all. Had I NOT moved, and just stayed in the same place all my life, I would never have forged those bonds with all those dear people. We all keep in touch and visit too. On top of the friends, I had to leave my ballet students behind and that was the HARDEST part!!! I wish so much that I didn't have to leave them.

Best Answer

Yes--I did exactly that 4 years ago. I moved 4,000 miles from home. Best decision I ever made.<br />
Yes--I do miss my family and friends. I sometimes feel bad that I'm not there for them during difficult times. They can always come visit and I visit them occasionally. The distance has shown me who my true friends really are.

Best Answer

I sometimes feel that way, hasn't happened in a while though. I live in a very dry, barren, depressed area and sometimes I dream about going someplace warm and green where there is lots of water. If I went, I would not feel guilty at all.

Best Answer

Yes!!!!

Best Answer

I have done this, and I do feel guilty, but it was for the best. I love my friends, but I couldn't go on partying like I was still in high school. There comes a point when it becomes pathetic.

Best Answer

Every time I'm on a train!!

Best Answer

I have moved a thusand miles away, and came back home I missed my family and friends who have been so fathful to me all my life it became so lonely with out them.I do live alone and I thats ok.I value the times we are together.

Best Answer

yes lots but would they?

Best Answer

yes, definately, but yes, i would feel guilty if i abandoned the responsibilities i have to family that cannot care for themselves, so i stay.

Best Answer

I've definitely thought about it. There's definitely some people I'd really miss and I'd have to go back and see them regularly, like my close friends and my family, but if the circumstances were right, I would consider it. Most likely place would be somewhere in USA, but there's a number of places I would love to go live for a while :)

Best Answer

I've always wanted to move away from the city i've grown up in. I want to experience a new kind of culture, i want to see how people live in a different way, i want to live a whole new life.

I wouldn't feel guilty leaving people behind, i could uproot my entire life right now to leave. But that's not because i don't love them or cherish them, it's mostly because i want to explore the world and learn new things. I'm not totally forgetting them if i leave, i just want to do something i want to do.

Best Answer

Add a response...

Best Answer