boomerang73 boomerang73 31-35, F 13 Answers Mar 14, 2010

Sometimes we are and sometimes we aren't. Oh, I blame GertrudeSnively, she stole my answer!

Best Answer

We ARE in completely different worlds, but we also have a world that we share. Works out beautifully.

Best Answer

Yes, this seems to be very common and I believe a major contributor to divorce. People romanticize the notion that opposites attract. Well, they attract and that's it. People need to have common interests and passions to want to stay together. You need to have things to do together to stay in a long term relationship, that includes interests outside of the bedroom. You need to rediscover what things you have in common, not just opposites or trust me, in 20 or 10 years, you will be very bored with one another. Think about your friends...are they polar opposite to you? And if they were, how long would you be friends? Your spouse should be your best friend.

Best Answer

my husband and i do. i'm southern and crazy. he's a straight-laced yank from ny. i did everything he never got to do because he was doing everything i didn't. i've even slept with more women than he has. it's nuts really. i'm impulsive and he's sooooo patient. we're the odd couple i swear. but for some reason, it works so beautifully.......

Best Answer

Yes. Try to find a couple of things in common. Otherwise, you end up like a lot of couples (including my own) I know not being married any more.

Best Answer

Yes I do feel a certain estrangement with my husband of 6 years. I know that in a real relationship romance fades and that estrangement is normal. Movies have us believing in " soulmates" and other such garbage. Find a person that does not bring out homicidal impulses in you and stick with him. Good Luck!

Best Answer

My SO and I live in different worlds as in perceiving things differently & having different opinions. We also agree to disagree, while sharing several things in common.<br />
Yes; I believe this is normal. The key to drifting away from each other is compromise and understanding the uniqueness of each individual.<br />
Somehow, I find it hard to imagine being with someone that is exactly like me.

Best Answer

You should read "You Just Don't Understand." It's a good book about that feeling.

Best Answer