I never know how to talk to people and it makes me feel like I'm a rude person, because I don't really reply to people when they try to talk to me. I make little comments like "Yeah" "Sure" "Okay" and it drives people away... How do I get over that?
Member10 Member10 16-17, F 9 Answers Aug 19, 2012 in Struggles

Oh yes, a rock does much better than I do.

Best Answer

Yeah I know how that goes, no fun :/ Fight on though right? :)

Best Answer

I am very bad at communication. I don't seem to get it right with everyone.

Best Answer

You are not alone. I don't any friends to hang out with and no boyfriends for the past 5 years. I think I've pretty much isolated myself. It's hard esp. when I'm planning to have a job that requires good communication skills. I don't know what to do now......

Best Answer

Oh, I'm very sorry, that's rough! I'm also looking to get a job that requires good communication :/ They should write a manual or something for all of us that aren't so good at speaking...

Best Answer

Yeah definitely feel that way, but I always say the wrong things the wrong time if I do speak. At least a rock is quiet.

Best Answer

That's a good point... I'm like that too, I find its better to stay quiet, and when I do say the wrong thing It's kinda like "Oh look at the time I have to go!" and run away. Good to know I'm not alone!

Best Answer

A moldy rock, at that.

Best Answer

Oh I understand :/ Good to know I'm not alone!

Best Answer

i answer from work perspective:<br />
Always. but then when i get to be in the workplace longer, interact with the same people more, especially the bosses, over time i relax and talk just a bit more. eventually i do not stress myself out too much by not being talkative and sociable like other people.<br />
that is, until a new boss or colleagues come along - and the cycle begins again :-)

Best Answer

That tends to be how I am, when I'm around people more I'm more comfortable. The problem is getting there is really awkward, as I'm sure you know :) Thank you for your input!

Best Answer

what do you want to say?

Best Answer

Well the thing is I never know what I want to say... It's like my brain shuts down

Best Answer

well... if you want to have more time to think of something to say, one idea is just to say, "Let me think about it for a minute, can you give me a moment?" And you can kinda practice it a little before hand. That way it will remove a little of the stress of having to respond right away. :)

Best Answer

Hmm that sounds like it would help, I'll give it a go, Thank you!

Best Answer