I read a lot of them I have some young ladies I buy books for, but I won't buy them until I have previewed them, to make sure they are appropriate. I guess maybe 8 to 10 a year. I enjoy them, so that's okay. I also read the books for children between 7 and 10, because I buy books for kids in that age range too.

Best Answer

It's good that you vet them first. Most people wouldn't bother.

Best Answer

I had children. I always liked to know what they were reading, so I usually read any books they got as gifts, before they got to read them.

Best Answer

You sound like a lady I know. She figured the toys would just get broken, lost, or forgotten, but the kids would gain more from reading a book. =)

Best Answer

Smart lady. And the truth. My kids don't remember most of the toys they had, but they can remember a lot of the books they read. I really don't remember having toys, but I remember all of my craft supplies and so many of the books I read; all the way back to the Poky Little Puppy, and Little Pear, and my first classic; Kidnapped, by Robert L Stevenson.

Best Answer

Yes, recently by accident. I bought Lili St. Crow's STRANGE ANGELS series by accident when I ordered all of her books. It was a pretty good series, but the covers were so tacky it was embarrassing to pick them up at the store. And I bought Scott Westerfeld's LEVIATHAN trilogy from the Science Fiction book club without knowing it was classified as young adult. It turned out to be pretty good.

Best Answer

I have always been a voracious reader; My favorite in the genre you mention is/was Robert Heinlein. I still read 25-35 a year... but mostly Western Drama now.

Best Answer

I've read a few of them, appreciate their unembarrassed fixation on all things depressing. 13 Reasons Why, for example, was entertaining.

Best Answer

A few times a year. I love coming of age novels. I read Perks of Being a Wall Flower and RX recently. RX sucked but Perks was awesome and I'm excited they're turning it into a movie.

Best Answer

This year I read 3, but normally I would say one a year, maybe less.

Best Answer

Between 6 - 8 a year get them from the library... Just saying am not really fond of books for grown ups cause they get boring. All the magic's in books for teens/ young adults and they're full of entertainment.

Best Answer