It has no effect on me. I still smile and yes I do get those blank looks. I feel sorry for anyone that can't or won't smile back. It costs nothing,

Best Answer

a thousand hearts dude!

Best Answer

I grew up in the capital and moved to an english village 7 years ago. the locals are very respectful and friendly to one another which is polar opposite to the neighbourhood i grew up in, here strangers talk to each other while waiting for the bus or shopping, I tried hard to integrate because alarm bells ring when strangers approach me. as a youth if strangers asked you questions it was because they were sizing up a oppertunity to rob you etc. I find myself on a rollercoaster of emotions when out and behaving approachable polite courteous etc. I appear a young black male clearly dressed and accent from london. so obviously i stand out like a sore thumb. i make a point of saying hello goodmorning to nearly every local I pass and make eye contact with, the majority respond.. whether it be genuine or out of politeness. but a handful never fail to make me feel like an idiot or a simpleton for having this approach.

Best Answer

YEAH! Why can't people just smile back? Are they afraid their faces will crack open?

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

I try to always smile and wave because I try to be polite. Some people are just that way.

Best Answer

If I smile at someone, they always smile back. My charisma makes it hard for them not to.

Best Answer