This person is my sister. She is much older than me (17 years) so we did not grow up together. She is very polite and always nice but we are as different as they get, I am very open and not at all materialist, I am not judging her but she is all about shopping and owning the best and looking her best, I am a tee shirt kinda person that would rather do anything than shop. We have 0 in common, We both try but there is nothing to connect to. I get nervous when I am around her because there is nothing to say, I don't know how to make small talk. I like meaningful conversations and we have never had one. Now I am going with her on a two day trip. I would rather have a root canal but it is not that I don't like her or want to be close. I just have no clue how to.
mocking mocking 51-55, F 6 Answers Sep 25, 2012 in WTK

It sounds to me like you don't like your sister...

Best Answer

There are things about her that I don't like. But as much time as I spend with her, I don't know her at all. She never shares anything about herself. Like she has never had a problem. I do like her..she is a nice, caring person. Her conversations and friendships.seem to be based around small talk and I don't know how to do small talk around her.

Best Answer

Ya...i hate small talk. My small talk usually lasts about 30 seconds, and then i usually start talking to the person like i've known them forever...i'd rather get to the good stuff you know? Like you said, connect and have meaningful conversations...

Best Answer

Yeah i usually end up doing something very awkward

Best Answer

Me too..I just can't seem to make small talk. This person is my sister. She is much older than me (17 years) so we did not grow up together. She is very polite and always nice but we are as different as they get, I am very open and not at all materialist, I am not judging her but she is all about shopping and owning the best and looking her best, I am a tee shirt kinda person that would rather do anything than shop. We have 0 in common, We both try but there is nothing to connect to. I get nervous when I am around her because there is nothing to say, I don't know how to make small talk. I like meaningful conversations and we have never had one. Now I am going with her on a two day trip. I would rather have a root canal but it is not that I don't like her or want to be close. I just have no clue how to.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer