I haven't dated for 4 years because my ex boyfriends left me very broken and trusting again is difficult for me. I've tried very hard to move on. I went to college and volunteered, reading, listening to music etc to stay busy but it's never enough. Everywhere I go, i see couples. I don't wanna to spend time thinking of my ex boyfriends at all becuz they don't deserve my time and tears. Truth is they moved on. I didn't. I want to move on, I want them to see it. I feel so angry I am planning to get a very small tattoo, a butterfly. How do I push myself out? Are you like me?
Myalee Myalee 41-45, F 6 Answers Jul 24, 2012

Nope, ex's are ex's for good reason, I don't live in the past, life's to short.

Best Answer

You are good.

Best Answer

What's the matter with me then? Why can't I be like others, strong and just get over it already?

Best Answer

Remind yourself of the bad times, the annoying little habits etc! Find things to fill your time so you don't have the time to sit and obsess about them.

Best Answer

Don't worry eventually you'll forget the exes and just be bitter

Best Answer

Cruel! But quite possibly true.

Best Answer

Very funny(!) lol

Best Answer

It sounds like you are lonely, and thinking back to times when you had someone close.

Keeping busy is good for a while....but often you need to learn to trust again slowly, and take the risk of starting to let someone special close. Just take it slow.

Best Answer

It does take a lot to trust someone. It took me 4 years to trust a friend only to be betrayed, I can't even begin to fathom why a friend did this and because of that I dumped that friendship and let go of a man I liked alot whom she told.

Best Answer

I've never dated and I have no trust.

Best Answer

Wow. I think you are lucky not to have suffered.

Best Answer