Half of you aren't even diagnosed.
BellaBeast BellaBeast 18-21, F 7 Answers Jan 19 in Community

One of my first therapists said the word she hated to hear the most was overreact because it trivialized mental illness. It's the cry of the immensely ignorant. I hope you never learn how stupid your comment is.

Best Answer

You hope I never learn how stupid my comment is? Wow. I only made one comment and that was "Half of you aren't even diagnosed.", which is very true. My question was "Do you feel like people on here overreact and very quick to play the "depressed" card?", you could have simply said no I don't think people overreact... You decided to tell me what your therapist thought. So you still haven't answered my question.

Best Answer

You're damn right they do. It does annoy me sometimes, as I was actually diagnosed and was receiving treatment for depression until very recently. It makes actual cases of serious depression seem less serious to most people, when others are using the word "depressed" every time they feel slightly less than happy.

Best Answer

Thank you for answering my question and backing up why you feel that way.

Best Answer

people feel what they feel, some may seem to jump on it very fast...but perhaps, to them, it's how they genuinely feel :3

Best Answer

In general, most people misuse the mental illness card. Moody people call themselves bipolar, neat people call themselves OCD, conservatives say liberalism is a mental disorder. People just like simple explanations to things

Best Answer