I am not into monetary or shiny things, being that everything I own I've worked hard for. So, every auto that I've owned was commensurate to what my income could afford... EDIT: All Great Answers!
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 27 Answers Jun 15, 2012

Yes where i went to college it was like a car show nearly. But i never really cared.

Best Answer

NO JUST MATERIALISTIC PEOPLE DO THAT.

I DRIVE A MONKEY AND PEOPLE THINK I'M DONALD TRUMPH LOL

Best Answer

Yeah mostly because they don't understand how hard you worked to get what you have. thats been my experience

Best Answer

Some people do, and I used to. Today while I was at work, I was noticing all of the new, shiny, luxury cars in the parking lot and thinking that they all must make a lot more money than I do. Then, I also thought: they have car payments and big insurance payments, high property taxes, etc... and my car is paid for and works just fine.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Yes Princess, thats what the spirit of the world is all about. However, i do ride a very modern upmarket pushbike that is totally practical and sensible.

Best Answer

Why of course! The car comapnies have given us so many models and choices that we can buy to express our particular station in life. It's the great new mechanism they have geven to us that we can tell people how rich, important and priveleged we are compared to our shoddy neighbours.

Nobody seem s totoce that they all do the same thing - get you from a to b - it's all a question of what you think you can abd NEED to afford to get you from place "A" tp place"B'.

Best Answer

Yeah a lot believe me :(

Best Answer

I think that people are judged for anything and everything unfortunately, including cars.

Best Answer

yes, it happens all the time. my car is 10 yrs old, still in really good shape. I take care of the maintenance and up keep on it. it has 142,000 miles, runs great and doesn't look like a piece of junk on the road. unfortunately, it's not what we used to call a chick mobile. lol. but I don't understand why anyone would really care what you drive. :)

Best Answer

totally... I personally wonder why though!

Best Answer

I am a non-judgemental person

Best Answer

yeah , darn volvo drivers . lol

Best Answer

Hey! what's wrong with my vulva?
Oh, wait, that's not what he said...

Best Answer

Well, the more expensive the car, the they drive like morons with ADD. Far as I can figure, it's gives them a overblown sense of entitlement to the road and its general environs. Of course, there are a lot of "movie stars" and "rock stars" where I live (no, not NYC or So Cal).

Best Answer

I think other people judge people on a lot of silly criterion all the time.

I only judge them if they try to drive over me with what they drive.

...Although having parts held on with coat-hanger wire wins my approval.

Best Answer

I don't drive, I walk, judge away!

Best Answer

You gotta have "pride in your ride"! Sure, it's the most visible symbol of who you are.

People judge by what they see. Kinda like your pretty face.. ;-)

Best Answer

absolutely this has happened to me with guys who are into me or vice versa

We start sharing info about what we drive and once I tell them what I drive

They are like ohhh so you're into money

I tell them my car is old... it's like 10 years old...

I don't get it

It's just a car!

Best Answer

I don't think many judge by what other drive. I only heard it from a few. I say whatever one drive is okay cause that's what they can afford and at least they have a car which brings them from A to B.

Best Answer

Hanging head....on occasion yes.....like the other day, I was in traffic where lane closures due to construction required two lanes of traffic down to one. Everyone except this guy in a BMW made the lane change as soon as they came up on the signs telling them to merge. The guy in the BMW zoomed past everyone and tried to cut in line. At the time all i could think of was a joke I'd heard - "What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine"? Answer: "Porcupines have only have ****** on the outside". I know its wrong, and i do try to fight my prejudice...but often come up short because all to many times, in my experience, that joke has proven correct...but not just with BMW's...but Lexus, Mercedes too.

Best Answer