Snapple10 Snapple10 31-35, F 17 Answers Aug 15, 2012 in Parenting & Family

definitely not

Best Answer

Not only feel it KNOW it ... even as adults the one child is still favored ... the never do anything wrong kid

Best Answer

I guess... my Mom favors me :) and has admitted it.. But, I give her good reason to. I treat her the best :)

Best Answer

I used to think they favored my sister because she got in trouble less. As we grew older, I ended up settling down quite a bit and she got in more trouble. Now my mom keeps mentioning that while she's paying my sister's car insurance and phone bills, I have a couple of hundred I saved up myself in a savings account.

Best Answer

no.. but they did and do treat the two of us differently..

Best Answer

Yes, but they made a terrible mistake.

Best Answer

nah - but then again, I was the younger spoiled one - lol

Best Answer

yes and they still do!

Best Answer

I like your avatar! Eowen is a great character.

Best Answer

Thank you...wonderwoman is an awesome character too.

Best Answer

My brother had been telling my mother that he's "the good child." Now, my mother is calling him that. Where do you think that leave me as his only sibling?

Best Answer

Yes, though it varied. Favor was one of our (abusive) mother's favorite weapons (kept us divided and hating each other as children), and it vacillated depending on the situation. In general, I (the older by 16 months, and the only son) was the favorite she adored but never really trusted, while my she had nothing nice to say about my sister, but generally trusted her.

I don't know what my sister did to earn her disfavor, or what it was she liked about me (we don't really have a "warm" relationship, per se, and I left home at 15). I never asked for her favor and don't want it (Truth be told, it didn't do me all that much good as a child, as the penalty for mother's mistrust was most severe.); ironically enough, not wanting it seems to make me more "deserving" of it. My sister asks for her help, has wanted nothing more than mother's love (after getting burned enough times, I just wanted to be left alone, preferably to go live with our father) and approval all her life, and has been met with cruel rejection for it. I feel like I have blood on my hands.

Our father favored my sister. She was obviously daddy's little girl, but it wasn't the same as with my mother and I. Father wasn't malicious about it, and still treated me well; it was harmless and I never felt the need to resent it.

Ironically enough, our mother destroyed my sister's relationship with our dad (parental alienation), so I'm the only one who visits him (and it destroyed him, and part of her too, I think). I made myself as independent as I could as fast as I could when I left.

Best Answer

Yes, she always liked big sister more than me...but I like big sister more than me, so I guess it's ok.

Best Answer

I know they like my sister more she stayed in school...At least i do not have a kid.

Best Answer