I ask this after reading a story by someone who claims to be a Christian and who claims to have found scripture to have come to pass in their life but went and wrote a story about how they "can't stand" illegal aliens. Hmmmm....I guess they don't believe in Mark 12:31 ... nor Leviticus 19:18. Self righteous *****.
SaratogaGirl SaratogaGirl 26-30, F 26 Answers Jul 20, 2010

* I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, or you gave me nothing to eat.

* I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink, or you gave me nothing to drink.

* I was a stranger, and you welcomed me in, or did not welcome me in.

* I needed clothes and you clothed me, or did not clothe me.

* I was sick and you looked after me, or did not look after me.

* I was in prison and you came to visit me, or did not look after me.

Christianity is an action word..................

The Sheep and the Goats Matthew 25.

31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels

with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory.

32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will

separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates

the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right

and the goats on his left.

34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you

who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom

prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was

hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you

gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited

me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and

you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see

you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to

drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or

needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or

in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did

for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you

who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and

his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat,

I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger

and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not

clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or

thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison,

and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do

for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous

to eternal life."

Best Answer

Yes I do, but I also find it hypocritical of liberals who claim to be open minded yet refuse to allow any discussion that is contrary to their opinions.

Let's face it most of us are better at pointing out hypocrisies in others than we are at seeing them in our own life.

Best Answer

Ah, yes, the immediate counter attack. You know, I never said a thing about liberals or conservatives.

Best Answer

It never fails to amaze me.

Best Answer

My faves are the people (primarily women) who are oh, so pious and pure but who secretly are having sex outside of their marriages and not seeing a conflict. In fact, in my opinion, the more someone complains about "immorality" the more likely that person is doing the very thing they condemn.

Best Answer

its absolutely hilarious how they can profess how to live your life then can cuss like a sailor when you question or disagree with them...shows their insecurity and how weak and ignorant they are they arent true christians...they are hiding behind their own stupidity

Best Answer

Well, to be fair;Religious folks(not just christians) have an allmost inate problem!

You are taught that because you believe in(XYZ) that you are a better person than those who do not believe the same as you do! So this gives"" permission"" to look down your nose at others or even worse!

You suround yourselves with others who think EXCATLY the same so there is little(if any)chance to debate differances(let alone understand&accept others differant than you& "Your crowd"!

Best Answer

very,i find a lot of Christians are very quick to judge,

they are meant to love everyone so to speak,but if you disagree with any of ther beliefs your judged,.

like me been gay some are very accepted an di thank you but i was informed by a certain christian vat if

i accepted god into my life my gay thouts etc would be over id be saved,also that as gays we wont go to heaven.,

how can they determine such things,.

Best Answer

nothing like a good discussion on a controversial topic with the sunday morning hypocrits. They stick to their interpretation of the bible like flies to the flypaper.

Best Answer

how are you treating them ? Most, not all, of christians I've met have been reasonably likable people. If I treat them nice, they do the same to me. I think that showing love in every situation is a maturity thing, which takes some time to develope. But also, truth is that love is not always nice as people want it to be . Love corrects, disciplines ,and rebukes, etc. This might hurt while we go thru it , but like scripture says, if you rebuke a wise man, he will become wiser.

Best Answer

No I don't. Christians are humans subjected to the free will and their shortcomings. To expect them to fulfill their christianity in perfection is illogical. Because for christians they are not saved by their works but by grace ... (somewhere in galatians I think... how do I know this is irrelevant). Therefore, I don't think it is hypocritical although to the rest it appears this way. Unkind yes, unempathetic sure. But to be hyprocritical requires full realization and understanding of fundamental principles of christian worldly behavior. That is not really possible for a lot of people for whom religion is a part but NOT the only part of their lives. Some aspects of the latter would be dominated by political, ideological and geographical attributes, even though they may contradict basic christian beliefs.

Best Answer

to saratogagirl's point , evangelicals are coming out on the left of the immigration debate. Oh wait, Ithis is from the NY Times.. just liberal lies.

Obama Wins Unlikely Allies in Immigration

By LAURIE GOODSTEIN

At a time when the prospects for immigration overhaul seem most dim, supporters have unleashed a secret weapon: a group of influential evangelical Christian leaders.

Normally on the opposite side of political issues backed by the Obama White House, these leaders are aligning with the president to support an overhaul that would include some path to legalization for illegal immigrants already here. They are preaching from pulpits, conducting conference calls with pastors and testifying in Washington — as they did last Wednesday.

“I am a Christian and I am a conservative and I am a Republican, in that order,” said Matthew D. Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel, a conservative religious law firm. “There is very little I agree with regarding President Barack Obama. On the other hand, I’m not going to let politicized rhetoric or party affiliation trump my values, and if he’s right on this issue, I will support him on this issue.”

When President Obama gave a major address pushing immigration overhaul this month, he was introduced by a prominent evangelical, the Rev. Bill Hybels of Willow Creek Community Church in Illinois. Three other evangelical pastors were in the audience, front and center.

Their presence was a testament, in part, to the work of politically active Hispanic evangelical pastors, who have forged friendships with non-Hispanic pastors in recent years while working in coalitions to oppose abortion and same-sex marriage. The Hispanics made a concerted effort to convince their brethren that immigration reform should be a moral and practical priority.

Hispanic storefront churches are popping up in ***** malls, and Spanish-speaking congregations are renting space in other churches. Some pastors, like Mr. Hybels, lead churches that include growing numbers of Hispanics. Several evangelical leaders said they were convinced that Hispanics are the key to growth not only for the evangelical movement, but also for the social conservative movement.

“Hispanics are religious, family-oriented, pro-life, entrepreneurial,” said the Rev. Richard D. Land, president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, the Southern Baptist Convention’s public policy arm. “They are hard-wired social conservatives, unless they’re driven away.

“I’ve had some older conservative leaders say: ‘Richard, stop this. You’re going to split the conservative coalition,’ ” Dr. Land continued. “I say it might split the old conservative coalition, but it won’t split the new one. And if the new one is going to be a governing coalition, it’s going to have to have a lot of Hispanics in it. And you don’t get a lot of Hispanics in your coalition by engaging in anti-Hispanic anti-immigration rhet

Best Answer

hi:}

I hate to say this but i have found more people who expound their christianity to be so judgemental and rightous it makes my skin crawl .

i have studied a lot of religions and tried to attend when i was younger ,but i must say their never seemed to be any room for questions ,openess,or even free thought .

I admire people who want to find meaning in their life ,but come on why does it make every one else WRONG ?

i dont think God cares if we play cards ,wear dresses,have tattoos,dance ,have some fun ,but i think any way you label "god"you have to within yourself be good and treat others like you want to be treated >

to be loving and kind and not judge what others do ,we can condem ourselves we certainly dont need people who expound how christian they are then gossip about the poor woman whos kids our maybe not so clean ,or drink and drive ,or have an affair with someones husband/ wife, or who are cruel to people who do them a service and maybe make a mistake .they are the worse kind the ones who are misguided about being "CHRISTIAN "lookingdown their nose at the imperfections of people whom they have no idea what they believe .

i pretty much ignore them and try not to judge them either because i know there are many many good christians also .good people in all walks of life and bad also .

I t means nothing to label yourself, actions always speak louder then words .

pj :}

Best Answer

It is for me to forgive the sins that are done against me, but not for me to forgive the sins that are done against GOD. I condemn acts alone, no person, GOD will determine who is and who is not damned. But I can definately tell you the acts which, if not repented of, will result in damnation, and I can definately tell you who is doing those acts. As far as "Illegal" aliens, there are so many factors in determing the right and wrong of it, it could very well depend on the individual and his or her motivation to determine whether it was right or wrong for him or her to enter what is now called America. In my view, legally, Mexicans have the Right to enter America but they also have the responsiblity, like everyone else everywhere. to obey the Common Law and respect the Rights of others.

Best Answer

A thoughtful reply. Thanky ou.

Best Answer

Then their actions betray them as not being what they claim to be. You gotta walk the talk..

Best Answer

I think the question illustrates a problem that afflicts followers of many religions, which is believing that their views reflect the will of God. That belief does not leave any room for debate, disagreement, or tolerance because, a priori, you cannot legitimately disagree with or act contrary to the will of God. On the other hand, any act taken to further such a person's views must be a good act because it furthers the will of God. A huge catch is that no one really knows what God wants.

Best Answer

I am a christian and have many friend's who are not. We each made our own choice but that does not make one of us any better or worse then the other. They are still my friend's

Best Answer

And jesus was blond and blue eyes-yeah right!

Best Answer

I don't find it hypocritical as much as I find it that people don't actually understand what their own religion is about.

Best Answer

Very true, lion, very true.

Best Answer