ok i understand if someone's tired and yeah they might mention it once or twice - but my dad sits down in the middle of the room and interuppts a conversation to detail just how tired he is and he does it all the times. fair enough when he's been to work but even when he hasn't - and he says it 5 million times a day! am i just being impatient and easily irritated or do other people find it so annoying when people try and get attention and sympathy by complaining they're tired all the time?
laurabkora laurabkora 18-21, F 21 Answers Apr 5, 2009

Instead of getting all self righteous and irritated , have you ever given any thought as to the reasons why your father may be tired ? It could be an illness of the body or mind, or it could be the way he wants to express how he feels and canĀ“t think of another way to say it.

Best Answer

Well, maybe you could talk to him and find out why he is so tired? Kinda explain to him that you understand that he's tired, but he doesn't need to express it a zillion times a day, but rather, go and take a nap and maybe he'll feel better....My sister is like that. She'll complain, but she wont fix the problem. I totally understand where ya comin from...You're just sick of hearing non<x>stop whining! And those problems can be fixed with a proper physician...Get him to a good doc, stat! Then have a good talk with him and see if it helps...

Best Answer

because of the hours i work and certain medications i take, i find myself pretty fatigued most of the time. when i do mention it, i'm not trying to gain sympathy, attention or to feel superior to anyone else. i am simply tired. also, people might have certain medical conditions, like diabetes which i have, that diminish their energy levels.

Best Answer

Yes, I do. People seem to enjoy complaining about being tired, stressed or busy. In my experience, it often comes from people trying to gain a sense of superiority by creating the impression that they work harder than everyone else.<br />
Not that it's never alright to discuss how one feels when they're tired, but sometimes it can be inappropriate.

Best Answer

Please do not ever hang out with or become friends with someone who has MS, you might become irritated if that person has fatigue heavy symptoms. <br />
God forbid they tell you about it.

Best Answer

no,i understand them and im sorry for them

Best Answer

i can undersatnd... sometimes, it's tiring to hear these stuff... but u know, i guess, each one of us only knows our own pain and it's not right to judge people and all...

Best Answer

you are just mean and have zero empathy for people. kAnd even sadder that this disrespect if for your father. If it wasn't for him you wouldn't even be here. It makes me cringe to know that people exist with such judgemental attitudes.

Best Answer

your probably just tired,

Best Answer

I find ALL whining and complaining irritating.

Best Answer

Does your dad seemed depressed? Being tired all the time is a symptom of depression.....maybe his mentioning it all the time, is a way to call out for help....<br />
If he isn't....the constant announcement would be annoying....father, or not....I'd be tempted to ask him why he has to say it so many times....He may not be aware of just how many times he repeats it.

Best Answer

I get annoyed with almost all complaining, but since it's your dad you've got to deal with it somehow. Like some others said, maybe you could ask him "when's the last time you've been to a doctor, have you told him how you're always tired?"<br />
Maybe he really does have a problem,<br />
OR<br />
if not, that'll give him a hint that you've heard it a million times.<br />
You could also tell him to go take a nap, or suggest exercise, or think of some other things to say that could be innocent but let him know you've heard him.

Best Answer

I am tired all the time too, but from thyriod problems and cronic depression. However, I have a mom that does the EXACT same thing that your father does. When I was younger, she would go into how tired she was, and then I would say "didn't you mention that 3 minuets ago?" Of course, I'm a smartass so saying that never paned out well. I usually ended up grounded. To combat her annoying attitude I moved out asap! I love my mom too, but DAMN! So no, you are not mean. Just smile, nod, and get outside to get some air.

Best Answer

Not mean at all, whining about being tired in most circumstances can be avoided by proper time management which equals more sleep!

Best Answer

Tell your father to write his complaints on EP and maybe he will get the sympathy he needs...<br />
Sounds to me like the poor guy is in serious need of some real fun, being tired all the time is not fun when everyone else around you is having a good time.

Best Answer

It bothers me when they use it as an excuse. like my mom when I wanted to do something with her, I would ask if we could play monopoly or something else together and she would yell at me and say that she works all day and she's tired and that she wants to have "her time" and then she would go to sleep for the rest of the day until 7:00pm. she works in a climate controlled office where she is free to get up and walk around when she isn't doing her work.

Best Answer

I don't much like whining. I'm more of an optimist. I guess I've seen people in some pretty nasty situations that have smiled and given it there all. I've been through some pretty nasty situations and not done the 'poor me' routine' and don't want sympathy. I have health issues but don't spew them and instead just buck up and go for the 'it could be worse' so I can't really tolerate other people's moaning. heh.

Best Answer