yes! I've noticed that and it annoys me. I guess its because we want people to have a good first impression of us and since we already know our family members have to deal with us either way, we skip the respectful part.

Best Answer

Do you think that it is health to skip that part?

Best Answer

do you mean healthy? and no, I don't, because respect always comes first in a relationship, no matter what the relationship is.

Best Answer

Sometimes we take each other for granted....sometimes we have unresolved issues....sometimes we just lose respect for one another....great question....good reminder for us all.

Best Answer

Yeah but it's because we love each other and are a bit more forgiving. A stranger for all you know could kill you if you don't do the right things

Best Answer

So you guys are basically saying that respect for personal dignity is manufactured by fear instead of actual human kindness?

Best Answer

i treat my loved ones nice :)
i treat strangers / acquaintances nice too :)
only to my abuser, its different.
i speak respectfully out of fear. i do not respect him.
i mind my manners out of fear. my mind says rude things to him.
i am sincerely kind to him when he is in need because he is a living thing and not because i love him.

Best Answer

That is a very compassionate attitude. It's hard to be kind to someone that you think has wronged you. I hope that he realizes some day how much effort you put in to be civil.

Best Answer

I'm pretty sure my family won't kill me, but the others...

Best Answer

So you treat your family like **** just because you are pretty sure they won't do you harm if you do?

Best Answer

Tell me what you think if you are ever at the house.

Best Answer

Which house? If you're implying that you disliike your family, then fine. But your first statement is implying that if it weren't for the fear of having strangers harming you, you would treat everyone like ****.

Best Answer