For me, I find this a lot. Even with a "popular" person on this place long ago. When people know me well (my kid) and virtual people...I think not in person...easy to rub the wrong way. What are your thoughts? Does this happen often to you too?
typoquene typoquene 41-45, F 6 Answers Sep 27, 2010

I think that it's easy to misunderstand text messages or message left on any internet site. You can take a simple sentence and read it in a variety of ways which can lead to hurt feelings and conflicts. It's hard to figure out the "tone" of a sentence when you can't hear a voice or see facial ex<x>pressions and body language. I know some peeps think that if they follow up a "harsh or sarcastic" comment with "LOL" or *Smiles* that it won't be taken as harsh... but that isn't always the case.<br />
When texting or using the internet, one should be mindful of how a sentence may come across.<br />
:)

Best Answer

for me at least that is tough. i type as i think. irl advice comes across as sage, but over an email it comes across as a judgement (that is one for instance). I type more then I talk to many people in my life. i am always on the go! sucks when things go awry...harder to put back in place lol

Best Answer

Yeah, Absolutely, No Doubt, Everything gets MIsconstrue

Best Answer

I find that when this happens to me it is because I have not been clear and concise. Its always my own fault. Its easy to expect others to understand what you mean - after all the meaning is clear to yourself. But not everyone uses words in the same way. I find it best to be as simple as possible.

Best Answer

kiss method is always sweet eh?

Best Answer

I think it's very difficult to get my kind of humor across on the internet. I can be a bit sarcastic and think I'm being witty and it definitely does not got over well on the internet. I've had to offer a lot of apologies. I still haven't quite figured out how to get sarcasm, wit, and humor to come out not so caustic on the internet!

Best Answer

so freakin agree!! ugh!

Best Answer

Not so much ! ~

Best Answer

hey what do you mean that?!?! are you better then me?? am i just stupid?? oh wait...am i taking your typed answer wrong? *chuckling*

Best Answer