For me, the definition of what a friend really is, changed as I grew older. I became more aware of what a real friend is.

Best Answer

Yes as I've been forced to move from a city to a small town. Here I have no confidence - in the city - I had heaps. I'm very shy by nature.

Best Answer

Always been introverted for most of my life... Started to try meeting people and it's been failing miserably! I too am shy...

Best Answer

No just the opposite for me...:)

Best Answer

I feel like it is near impossible. Many of the friends I've made after the age of 40 are candidates for the loonie bin. I had one chew me out on New Years Day because I invited her to come with me to a Christmas Eve service. (I ended up going alone.) She was upset because I neglected to see how she was doing after she told me someone close to her had died in October. So in her mind I'm just a fair weather friend, nevermind all the other cool things I've done for her and with her. When my own parents died - one when I was 15 and one 11 years ago, no one outside my family called or anything. Another 'friend' hooked up with the guy she knew I liked. It goes on and on. I want to move back to the place I grew up, because people there know me and won't get all weird on me.

Best Answer

Contrary to your experience, I find it easier to communicate with people I don't know. Making friends is just as difficult as it used to be, we still have the same barriers such as family obligations, personal obligations differing interests all the things which made it difficult to make friends when I was your age, but it is much easier to talk to people now and like standing in the grocery line I can ask people in line what an item is, how they use it, how it is prepared with fewer responses such as "I'm Married". Which is a nice bit of personal information, but I does not answer my question of what that lumpy thing is, and how do you cook it, what types of dish is it used in. Long story short, I like my age right now, I can talk to guys and there isn't the posturing like when I was younger which would sometimes occur, women no longer see me as a potential threat or partner, it is a good age to be.<br />
Now, feeling more comfortable talking to young people, is it because you feel superior? and older folks make you feel like your talking to your parents? While there are many filters we use when communicating with people and while listening, I would suggest you think about the cause for your preference. I doubt it is because your thoughts are childish in relation to your age.<br />
Sorry this is so long winded, but the key to making friends is to communicate with people you don't know and then out of that pool is where new friends will come. Sometimes its as simple as a smile and hi when passing, to a chat in line over a news item on the display stand.

Best Answer

Superior? Lol, not even close! I feel like I have more in common with people younger than me. Probably a little of that has to do with the fact that I never had kids or a career.

Best Answer

Didn't mean to offend, but it was something to be thought of. Could be on the kids, I know memory on my part gives me an instant affinity. Buck up, just think, remember you are worth knowing and being a friend with, just have faith in yourself. :-)

Best Answer

I find it easier to talk to people the older I get.. but many people find me intimidating when they first see me:(

Best Answer

Why do you think they find you intimidating?

Best Answer

They have told me after they get to know me. 6'5 280 pounds and that I walk with confidence. Many people have said this. Then they start listeining to my redneck humor and run like lightning lol

Best Answer

A friend like you could come in handy in many situations

Best Answer