inChange inChange 41-45, M 25 Answers Dec 12, 2012 in Community

To keep up a false identity one would have to have a very good memory don't you think. I'd like to think most people are genuine.

Best Answer

No, it's all online if you forget you can go back and look.

Best Answer

That seems to be an awful lot of trouble to go to but I suppose you're right, they could.

Best Answer

Lairs go through a lot of trouble to keep up there mask.

Best Answer

Well I just feel sorry for them, and why they feel they need to do that. Insecurity in themselves or deceiving others - they are to be pitied more than anything else. I can assure you though I am quite genuine. :)

Best Answer

Agree

Best Answer

a lot more hurting people than I would have originally ever imagined...

Best Answer

The world is full of them.

Best Answer

man....maybe I've been working too hard or perhaps becaiuse I have never been involved with a social media before...I just never saw so many hurting youth...

Best Answer

Yes, I think so...Most people hide the hurt, social media makes it easier to let out what's inside because you can hide if you really want to.

Best Answer

amen

Best Answer

Enough to make me cry at times.

Best Answer

amen to that

Best Answer

I agree and think it is a good thing

Best Answer

Fake people? You mean computers pretending to be real people? Or robots? I'm not judgmental, as long as they don't try to touch me or show me their parts (wait a minute, that might be interesting, I've never see the inside of a robot, hmmmm;) anyway...where was I? <br />
Oh yes, real or not, makes no difference to me. I either like who they are on here or I don't. I have no idea what they are like away from EP, and to me, it doesn't matter, as I never see them anywhere but here.

Best Answer

LOL...

Best Answer

:) I like people; most of them. The few who disgust me (racists and the like) real or not, get blocked pretty quickly.

Best Answer

That works

Best Answer

It does for me.

Best Answer

Manikins can type?

Best Answer

What?

Best Answer

You asked if I thought there are more fake people than real people on EP. Fake people are manikins, and real people are humans. So for there to be fake people on EP, manikins would have to be able to type. But I don't think they can, because they are inanimate objects.

Best Answer

Actually you are talking virtual so manikins would be another word for robots and could actually type. I am in IT and the ability to have a computer react in a manner that can seem human is a reality.

Best Answer

first I really liked this site for some honest stories, but now it seems half of the stories are fake. Why cannot they go somewhere else?

Best Answer

R u talking about mine?

Best Answer

No. I do searches with expressions like REAL and most of the time end up reading poorly written fantasies.

Best Answer

oh I have a few that are geared toward things i am feeling rest of the time i spend expressing what i think, its kind of venting.

Best Answer

I wouldnt like to generalise! I do know that there are men posing as women and vice versa...things like that do happen, some people are only after "one thing" and people can choose what they share.... I wrote a story about how people should guard their hearts on line and off line too. It's featured on my profile if you want to look...or maybe you will think *IM* fake because Im posing as a butterfly!?!

Best Answer

I do not know about you being a butterfly but this was more a statement about friendship being real or fake..

Best Answer

OK, well as I keep my circle very small all my friends are real

Best Answer

i haven't been on ep that long, but i don't know if fake is the word<br />
rude<br />
mean<br />
wasted space and air fits a quite a of them ;)<br />
i mean really, they take the time to click and answer a ? meanly i just don't get it

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

Shure, the Internet is fantasy land for many. For me I think it would be difficult to keep many alter egos seperate.

Best Answer

I would not even have the time.

Best Answer

A lot more fakes then real on the Internet.

Best Answer

That could be true but lets hope not.

Best Answer

Hi inChange, *waves*... I have learnt to take the people here as I find them.<br />
Most come across as sincere....or at least the essence is there.<br />
Fake or real? fact or fiction?......it doesn't really matter, it's not worth losing any sleep over lol...

Best Answer

i agree no sleep loss...*waves*..I hope all is well with you today..Hows the weather..I have always wanted to visit where you live so many interesting things to see.

Best Answer

The weather here is ok, lots of rain.
I'm just about to go, as I have some important things to attend to.
Take care and catch you another time soon :))

Best Answer

Thanks...

Best Answer

I suspect users who have multiple accounts (not only two but more) here lately. And gives me the creep when I find them inviting me with empty profiles.

Best Answer

I can see that.

Best Answer

Most are real but some are not entirely themselves. EP is their escape, where they can voice their actual opinions or get something off their chest but in the form of another persona (if they choose). It's all down to the individual and what they want from the experience.

Best Answer

Yes, i have seen that some.

Best Answer

There are fakes on here that's for sure, but I have seen and got to know some very real people on here as well, they are the ones I take notice of. You can make what you will of me. ;)

Best Answer

No, I like a person that can be honest.

Best Answer

everybody is real. screwed up emotional know it all ignorant ones are hiding but real.

Best Answer

That is a funny way of seeing it but I like.

Best Answer

it's true man. look at this way, we don't really know who we're talking to. it's a different world in real life across the table. misconceptionsand misunderstandings happen in cyber all the time. it's a personality thing but many people think they got you figured out and they don't. they're not fake, just ignorant...

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

I have met a lot of both. I cut off the fake ones pretty fast.

Best Answer

Gotcha

Best Answer

How can you tell?

Best Answer

I can feel it. I am an empath and can often feel who a person really is.

Best Answer

That's cool never known a empath before.

Best Answer

Sometimes I can feel others and other times I can't. But the more I am around them the more information I can pick up. What I have learned is all people are somewhat fake. They all hide a bit of themselves behind something or other.

Best Answer

That is probably true to some extent

Best Answer

real..;)

Best Answer

I automatically want to play the word game with you.

Best Answer

I think most are real

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

A combination of both, like in real life.

Best Answer

Agree.

Best Answer