Neuroticrabbit Neuroticrabbit 18-21 8 Answers Dec 17, 2012 in Community

Not at all. <br />
Religion requires faith, dogma, and worship while spirituality merely requires faith. Sometimes I've taken a leap of faith over a bush or fence without knowing what is on the other side. That is a spiritual act.

Best Answer

But that doesn't fit any of the dictionary definitions, loosening the consensus of what it is even more.

Best Answer

Naturalist nonsense. Words only have demonstrable meaning according to the function in specific contexts. Naturalists assert everything is natural which is a demonstrably meaningless metaphysical statement.

Best Answer

Woob cul drickiterian sloopabump. Shortle? Frascaltation...

Best Answer

Sounds about right.

Best Answer

Your response about naturalism confused me further. If people can't agree on what a word means, how can they know that they're even discussing the same subject? And I don't know what to say about the meaningless metaphysical statement of everything being natural.

Best Answer

Again, words only have demonstrable meaning according to their function in specific contexts. The context is what determines the word's meaning which is why two people who don't even speak the same language can teach each other the meaning of words. Which, of course, also explain your confusion over my comment on naturalism.

Best Answer

Oh....

Best Answer

I sort of get it, and I found an answer that I'm satisfied with. :)EP Link

Best Answer

Cool. Whatever you think you figured out what is important is that you think it is meaningful. :)

Best Answer

If it is defined then not so vague, but perhaps people just use it when they run out of words to describe what they're dealing with... as for me, I'm learning more words and concepts because I like being able to rationalize everything, even if it comes from a place which is differently rational.

Best Answer

Yup. If you believe in something, you should at the very least be able to describe what it is you believe.

Best Answer

the only definition you need for spiritual is your own.

Best Answer

That's even worse!

Best Answer

it's not a simple thing young rabbit, but it is your own to figure out.

Best Answer

And now you sound like a martial arts master.

Best Answer

Be as the frog in the pond

Best Answer

That is because it cannot be defined. The spirit is exactly what words are not :)

Best Answer

Y'see, to me that just suggests a limited imagination...

Best Answer

One might say that statement is limited imagination. If something is too great to conceive, how can it be imagined?

Best Answer

Vague is a polite word. I prefer "Bullshit". When someone says they are "spiritual" It simply means that they reserve the right to believe in something, not sure what, but no one better tell them to do something that they don't want to do. It's a total Cop-Out.

Best Answer

I've accepted vague as part of the word. No one really understands what it means but they use it to describe something that they don't fully understand. Vague fits. :)

Best Answer

If no one understands what it means, it doesn't have a meaning. If they don't understand what they're describing, why are they strong believers in something that they don't even get?

Best Answer

Maybe I explained that wrong. It is kind of like using the word weird. You don't know exactly what it is supposed to be but it is off of normal, supernatural or just strange but in a way unknown to you.

Best Answer

I suppose. After talking to people about it and reading about it, I'm beginning to think that spirituality might be more of an identity than anything else. I do many things that could be considered spiritual- I meditate, I appreciate nature, I try to understand my emotions, I evaluate my beliefs, and so on. The only difference between me and a similar person who describes themselves as spiritual is that they describe themselves as spiritual and I do not. Therefore, it's merely a label like "goth," right?

Best Answer