I get that sometimes a joke can cheer up the person who is asking, but it does annoy me a little, because especially on EP people often want to connect in a real way, and get emotional support and real advice. If someone's really down in the dumps it can be extremely discouraging if others seem to disregard it completely. Am I over-analyzing this?
aliveandfree aliveandfree 26-30, F 9 Answers Jan 27, 2012

I am one of those people who likes to put down something that makes people smile rather than offering an opinion on something that I am not qualified to comment on. However questions that merit a serious answer or relate to a subject I am not able to help with I will simply leave them be.

Best Answer

I think that's a very good way to go about it :)

Best Answer

Yes a little over analysing, its very easy to have a communication breakdown over the internet, you cannot hear the expression in someones voice when they are speaking when they type, things can get lost in translation.

Best Answer

That's true. But I guess that's why people should be careful about how they say things. Emoticons etc. make it easier to prevent communication breakdown!

Best Answer

Yea there is a time and a place for everything. If ep were to become nothing but a bunch of mopers wallowing around in their own self pity..it wont last. Some people like to havefun and maybe laugh a little.

Best Answer

OK, but I do think the fun questions on EP outnumber the 'mopey' ones greatly. I just think people should feel free to ask about serious stuff as well. If people want to have fun and be humorous, they can do it with fun questions - there's surely no need to be disrespectful towards people who aren't so happy-go-lucky. It just seems unnecessary and mean.

Best Answer

No , rather they have a pea brain than I .

Best Answer

its not a perfect world is it........................but we seem to get by.............

Best Answer

It depends if I agree with the seriousness of the question, whether that person may be in the wrong ect. But apart from this I don't think you are over analysing this ...

Best Answer