I get that sometimes a joke can cheer up the person who is asking, but it does annoy me a little, because especially on EP people often want to connect in a real way, and get emotional support and real advice. If someone's really down in the dumps it can be extremely discouraging if others seem to disregard it completely. Am I over-analyzing this?
aliveandfree aliveandfree 26-30, F 9 Answers Jan 27, 2012

I am one of those people who likes to put down something that makes people smile rather than offering an opinion on something that I am not qualified to comment on. However questions that merit a serious answer or relate to a subject I am not able to help with I will simply leave them be.

Best Answer

I think that's a very good way to go about it :)

Best Answer

Yes a little over analysing, its very easy to have a communication breakdown over the internet, you cannot hear the ex<x>pression in someones voice when they are speaking when they type, things can get lost in translation.

Best Answer

That's true. But I guess that's why people should be careful about how they say things. Emoticons etc. make it easier to prevent communication breakdown!

Best Answer

Yea there is a time and a place for everything. If ep were to become nothing but a bunch of mopers wallowing around in their own self pity..it wont last. Some people like to havefun and maybe laugh a little.

Best Answer

OK, but I do think the fun questions on EP outnumber the 'mopey' ones greatly. I just think people should feel free to ask about serious stuff as well. If people want to have fun and be humorous, they can do it with fun questions - there's surely no need to be disrespectful towards people who aren't so happy-go-lucky. It just seems unnecessary and mean.

Best Answer

No , rather they have a pea brain than I .

Best Answer

its not a perfect world is it........................but we seem to get by.............

Best Answer

It depends if I agree with the seriousness of the question, whether that person may be in the wrong ect. But apart from this I don't think you are over analysing this ...

Best Answer