Me? From both..I've been through hardships and have come through a winner, ie. a survivor..It makes me feel proud when I I've posted my stories about my real life experiences... and the replies and my inspirations that have benefited so many...
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 29 Answers Aug 27, 2012 in WTK

Intelligence is a combination of the two, in my opinion. I've run into book nerds who couldn't change a tire and I've run into "street geniuses" (to coin a phrase) who couldn't write their name. :)

Best Answer

Intelligence takes on all types of meanings, I suppose...

Best Answer

Who said I was intelligent....

Best Answer

Yes!

Best Answer

I just get by on good looks. And I'm well hung.

Best Answer

Essendon...You settle down, my sweet friend!

Best Answer

Hard to say. God gave me a strong memory which allows me to retain a lot of what I read or am taught. However, I'm a "hands-on" person who learns from doing (most of my "skills" are self-taught - trial and error). Add this to being highly logically minded and that's where my intelligence comes from.

Best Answer

Very well said, Shuhak! That's what it's all about! self-learning through through through trial and error! I have learned SO much throughout the years from your answers via my questions! And I thank you for that!

Best Answer

I was born intelligent so i don't have to read books and don't have to experience

Best Answer

I think I have a good balance of both formal education and life experience to draw from. Having said that I think that I have learned far more important lessons outside the classroom

Best Answer

Very well said, Sir...

Best Answer

Most certainly from experience. I have a graduate degree from the school of trial and error.

Best Answer

That is SO nice to hear! Congrats!

Best Answer

Thank you. The rate I'm going with my screw-ups I'll have my doctorate before you know it.

Best Answer

Both. Book smarts can only take you so far. The true test is putting what you know into practice in life.

Best Answer

I respectfully agree! The true test in life is living though the the hardships

Best Answer

And I know you have lived through many and are still standing. GIve yourself a high 5 and keep marching on proudly. :D

Best Answer

Books can give you knowledge,but life experience is the real test.Just my thought...

Best Answer

Absolutely..

Best Answer

Idk lol. But i try to like take everything in.

Best Answer

Good for you...you can't help but learn...

Best Answer

Both. Books provide information that has gained me intelligence that experience cannot, and vice versa.

Best Answer

I'm a consummate reader. My thought is that a person who doesn't read and can, is no better off than a person who can't read. I think it was Wordsworth who said there is an implied contract between the author and the reader.

Best Answer

I love to read, that's so much gainful information..

Best Answer

Reading is SO necessary....Spelling and grammar is SO necessary in today's world....and it's so attractive....

Best Answer

I completely agree with you on that. It is one of the many things that I have learned from reading, and also, from having put into practice.

Best Answer

Neither.

Best Answer

I bit of both.. mainly experience though

Best Answer

The best of both worlds, eh? Good for you!

Best Answer

both in balanced proportions

Best Answer

Both - I'm an avid reader but I try to learn as much from my experiences as I can - not saying I get it right all the time.....:P

Best Answer

Good for you! Just learn from your experiences! And pass along those experiences to others...they will do a world of good to those of whom are going through the same who are struggling with the same..teach them how to overcome..which is what I do daily....

Best Answer

I've read many books and experienced many things. It would seem that my failures in intelligence have led me to wisdom.

Best Answer