Twenty something years since my last one because the "mild problems" feel completely like the flu to me. Fewer than six hours after today's vaccination, and I have those "mild problems" again. Yes, I am whinging, but really, have I really protected myself against anything deadly? Well, well. Here we are, eight hours after the shot, and the fever has broken. I know this because I am no longer shaking violently from chills. 102.5. Another degree and a half, and there would have been some hallucinations. I suppose modern flus are pretty bad, given all this. Add: 16 December. I picked the right year to get the shot. Although I have been hit by the same flus as those around me, I have not thrown up at all, much less for two days straight. I have not developed pneumonia or any other secondary infections. Thank you, Big Pharma. I love you!
TheSquirrel TheSquirrel 46-50, M 16 Answers Nov 12, 2012 in Self Harm

I get the flu at least once every winter and it puts me in bed for up to a week. I drink Lemsip or hot lemon juice with vitamin C and take Panadeine for the aches and pains. I am reluctant to have a flu shot because I have heard some people say the cure was as bad or worse than the disease for them. There is conflicting evidence about the benefits. I don't know how true this is but I have heard that in secluded communities like the Amish who avoid infant vaccination, there is a below average incidence of Asperger's syndrome, and some doctors believe that the condition of Asperger's in some people is triggered by infant vaccination. Most doctors are quick to promote the benefits of vaccination but do not seem to know much about the risks or are slow to admit what they suspect about the risks. If you are certain of the benefits then keep doing what works for you but I am in no hurry to start something at my age which may or may not do me any good.

Best Answer

I have plenty of doctor friends including my grandfather. The go for the vaccines. My own grandfather had to vaccinate his daughters for polio publicly because of all the lame fears of the townspeople -- the same townspeople who thought my mom was a lesbian because she did not want to marry a local boy and start popping out kids straight out of high school. My mom and aunt are still here after what, sixty years? None of my relatives nor I have had polio, whooping cough, dyphtheria, or smallpox because we were all immunized. It distresses me that neither I nor my children can get smallpox shots now. If other people don't want the vaccines, fine, but I'm not wailing if they or their children die of the very diseases they could have prevented.

Best Answer

Gave me the flu every time I had one~ since I quit taking them ten years ago I've had the flu ONE time.

Best Answer

I rarely ever get sick, especially the "kill me" type sick. However, the one time I was talked into a flu shot, I became violently ill, I wanted to die. I've since heard that only happens the first time, when your body builds the anti-bodies. I don't care, I'm not doing it again.

Best Answer

That was my story -- until today.

Best Answer

It's an inactivated virus designed to stimulate your immune response by raising the amount of antibodies you have for the flu, So if you do feel something then at least you know it's working... but a few days of discomfort is a heck of a lot better than being in bed for two weeks.

Best Answer

I probably would.Never had one,and to my knowledge,have never had the flu.

Best Answer

That's what i worry about,but i have to have one next year as i'm around older people everyday.

Best Answer

sort of, turned out i was allergic to the serum more than once. don't get them anymore, haven't had flu or flu-like problems since

Best Answer

i have heard of this happening, "mild" flu symptoms from the vaccine.. worries me, i am supposed to get a flu shot later this month..

Best Answer

Never took one. I get a cold usually once a year ( this year I had 3 )

Best Answer

Well, mostly, the virus is dead, but a flu jab is essentially a dead flu virus that your antibodies fight off and hopefully keep in memory, so when they see that kind of virus appear in your system they know how to fight it.<br />
I've heard that some people get the flu from flu jabs, but I never have myself. Immunisation, although it sucks, can still have some good benefits.

Best Answer

I was thinking I was sooo smart. I would get the gamma globulin, plague series, and whatnot if I were to travel outside of Europe, Canada, USA, Japan, New Zealand, or Australia. Whatever "mild problems" those bring would certainly be lighter than the actual thing.

Best Answer

Mhm.
I'd rather sit through the injection than die of a horrid disease.

Best Answer

I didn't get the shot. <br />
I defy the flu.

Best Answer

I haven't had one in a decade or so O.o

Best Answer

I have never had one so I really dont know. I have heard that they can but it is suppossed to be mild at best.

Best Answer

I did once.

Best Answer