It's a grand thing....for me it was like having a very good sister. But I haven't had a best friend since high school, and that best friend that I was so devoted to ended up turning on me and shaking me to the foundations. So....I think that finding a bff is great, but the relationship can be a lot like others. They are still people.

Best Answer

I have three good friends who I know very well and would do anything for me. Those same friends' families would do anything for me if I was in trouble.
I have other good friends who were really good friends but we grew apart.
Why don't you think you have had that?
Movies always exaggerate everything. There are few friends who are as you described.

Best Answer

I don't really know. I have a tendency to change my group of friends from time to time. I mean, I don't do it on purpose, it just happens. I'm really protective of my personal space and for some people that's not a good thing. So eventually I just drift apart.

Best Answer

How are you protective of your personal space? Like can you give an example?

Best Answer

I don't know, I just really like being alone, not being bothered, you know? For instance, there's this chick that I've been friends with since we were literally babies. She's cool and we really get each other, but she's the kind of person that needs to see you almost every day, or that will drop by your place without telling you beforehand, or that writes all the time to make plans. And that might sound nice, but it doesn't work for me like that. I end up lying and making up stories just to avoid her because she can't see the balance I need between friends and "my own alone time".

That was just an example, but it's happened a lot of times with different friends. Weird thing is, with some people I don't really mind about that whole "privacy invasion" thing. Maybe I haven't found someone with an energy that complements mine the right way. Or maybe I'm just weird.

Best Answer

I can see how that would become bothersome. Maybe you just need to try to find people more like you?

Best Answer

I thought i had a really great friend we knew each other for 7 years. we lost contact for a bit...then she came to my high school i was ecstatic. But during the holidays i made so much effort for us to meet and spend time with each other she didn't even reply to me. then i knew some friends are only your friend when hey need you there otherwise you're irrelevant. you don't need friends in this world just people who are good to you. like your family. family is always there.

Best Answer

4 best girlfriends, 3 best platonic guy friends

Best Answer