UnclearOrigin UnclearOrigin 18-21, M 9 Answers May 24, 2012

I had a job that many perceived as a career...made good money at it too. I advanced and grew and learned quite a bit. I now have a career that I have created for myself. The damn biting irony is I make way more than what I did when I had the supposed 'career' accepted by many. The difference to me is that a career by definition is: <br />
An occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life and with opportunities for progress. A job by definition is: <br />
A paid position of regular employment. I am the type of person that HAS to do something I love or else it just won't work. The difference is where you feel you are growing as a person...a job is paycheck, a career is a worthwhile mission and dedication towards growing yourself. I will always go with a career of my choice and my making...hence where I am right now.

Best Answer

I think a career is a culmination of jobs that lead in a direction... typically one changes jobs in their career to move ahead.

Best Answer

I've heard this way:<br />
A job is used to pay the bills<br />
A career is the line of work you trained to go into. (college or vocational school).<br />
A vocation is what seems to be your calling.

Best Answer

a job is just something you do for a little while a career is something you do for life

Best Answer

i have a job because a career is somthing your gunna stick with for a long time,plan goals ect..

Best Answer

to me a job is what you do to make money a career is what you do because you love to do it,, you just happen to get paid for it

Best Answer

A career is for people who cannot hold down a decent job.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Have a career, I've been in it long enough that it is really hard to find a job that can replace it pay wise.

Best Answer