PosterGirl PosterGirl 31-35, F 7 Answers May 25 in Parenting & Family

Not if they aren't my children, no.

Best Answer

My question is about if they're your children.

Best Answer

That isn't what you said.

Best Answer

Yes. Let them decide.

Best Answer

Children should be taught philosophy and theology in schools, and rather than being forced to conclusions encouraged to develop their cognitive skills by finding their own. One should act as a guide to a child, not a master.

Best Answer

You are confining them if you teach them one religion predominant over another. Theology I was using as a general term for the study of "God" and religious practices. Philosophy should be taught to stimulate overall scrutiny on the nature of human existence and the concepts which dictate that existence. They should be taught to think broadly. It is fine to give them what you have to offer, but it is against their growth as a mind if you teach them to pride that gift over all others as religious teachers tend to. I view religion as an important element of human history and society. It should certainly be taught, but in its entirety and without any bias on the teachers part.

Best Answer

yes. no religion.

Best Answer

They shouldn't be told religious ideas as if they're full facts until they're at least 12 or 13 and can think for themselves. If you want to be religious, fine, but don't brainwash little kids and pound it into their brain.

Best Answer

Parents have the right to convey to their children what they believe it's true. It's not necessarily forcing them to accept it.

Best Answer

It isn't, but it almost is. When their minds are still developing and soft, it's not good TELL them religious ideas as though they're proven facts.

Best Answer