I'm autistic, and have trouble staying still. I always like to rock when I'm sitting, or move my hands around in front of my face. I think it's fun, but other people find it very annoying. Do you have a similar habit that you enjoy, but others find annoying?
SeriouslyLife SeriouslyLife 22-25 7 Answers Feb 24, 2010

Not anymore, but I used to enjoy pretending to be a car, making engine noises and the like; that annoyed the hell out of everyone.

Best Answer

I used to fidget all the time when I was thin I dont have autism but i was thin and had a high metabolism. Now i am fat and eat quite a bit and I cant stand anything in my teeth so I floss and leave the floss all over. Hey its my house I pay the bills!!!!

I eat in bed too!

Best Answer

When I am nervous or anxious (which is often), I pick at my cuticles. Especially those on my thumbs.

I must enjoy it cause I can't stop it . I find myself doing it and not being aware of it. But it irritates me too.

Best Answer

I roll up bits of paper and plastic into tight little sticks with one hand. Then I roll, unroll and re-roll them, alternating hands until they are tight as a drum. I notice I only do this when I'm under a tremendous amount of stress, and I'm in a thinking mode. People notice it when I'm doing it, question what it is I'm doing...but it isn't as irritating to others as it is simply just bizarre.

Best Answer

I used to spin a ball around my head which drove others crazy.

Best Answer