TheBlessedOne TheBlessedOne 46-50, F 7 Answers Sep 16, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Don't get intimidated by the crowd. By earplugs, silly but the noise at night can be somewhat disturbing your nights rest. Buy a big post of the country, and hang it on your wall. Find the best places to do shopping, have a relaxed time and can go for fun. That requires a bit of exploring. which you also should do. When coming in the city, imagine yourself a tourist, wanting to know the best places, and history of the city. When you done with that, embrace the city, as just a very crowded pasture.<br />
You'll manage. You've been in worse situations, and you managed those. Hugs

Best Answer

What he said :)

Best Answer

HUGS to you my friend. So true. Nothing could be worse than my childhood. While I am in the city I do plan on exploring and learning many new things. I want to enjoy everything the city has to offer before I come running back to my country home. I will take your advice. I worry about the noise levels too. I am used to pure silence here.

Best Answer

I suggest combining what Wigglebottom said and this post and you're pretty much set with your own manual. :-)

Best Answer

Do not go out at night until you are sure of where you are and what the neighborhood is like. If you have to go out at night then take a friend or family member if at all possible. The one thing about the city life is if you look like you do not live there then you will be a target. <br />
It's hard to explain but that is the way it is. Also depends on what city as well. <br />
D.C. Has the highest murder rate in the nation.

Best Answer

Oh my, I may not survive. I wish there was a way to make my living and not have to go to the city.

Best Answer

Which city is it?

Best Answer

Durham North Carolina.

Best Answer

I went from the city to the country and back to the city after a few years my advice by some ear plugs, the noise level is a shocker.

Best Answer

oh no, and I hate noise of any kind. I want to say in the country now.

Best Answer

It might take a few weeks to get used to the noise but you will be ok :)

Best Answer

I will make a note of that and start working on it so it will reduce the moving stress.

Best Answer

It's like going swimming, you just have to jump in. I don't think there's much a person can do to make the adjustment any easier but once you're in for a while and get used to the water it's not so bad. I think the hardest part is dealing with rude people and nobody is going to bring you a freshly baked apple pie when you move into the neighborhood, unless they own a bakery close by and want you to be a customer.

Best Answer

I don't mind no one welcoming me with an apple pie. I don't like the thoughts of the rude people and the noise. I am used to pure silence and isolation. I think I will just as you say, jump in and learn to swim. Thankfully I will live in a safer neighborhood. I hope it is anyway.

Best Answer

why would anyone actually choose to live in the city,i'd love to live in the country..are you sure about this move?

Best Answer

I don't either but there are no jobs were I live. I have to move for a job.

Best Answer

jobs can be a pain,i think they can play too large a part in our lives

Best Answer

This is my dream job of all times with my dream supervisor.

Best Answer