Rosetta stone is the way to go. That, and surround yourself with the language as much as possible.

Best Answer

Use index cards to make vocabulary flash cards for yourself and use them OFTEN. Go through the pile and sort them out by the ones you REALLY know (as in don't even have to think about it) and those that you need to study. Then study what you need to study. Keep these cards with you. Look at them any time you end up having to wait for something as well as at predetermined study times. <br />
For other things, talk to your TEACHER. He or she most likely WANTS you to succeed. I taught Latin to 7th through 12th graders for years and I know I wanted my students to succeed.

Best Answer

Salve! I've tinkered with the old Roman tongue myself using the Cambridge Latin (CSCP) books. Wish ancient Near Eastern language materials were more contextualized like that.

Best Answer

I heard the rosetta stone works wonders...research it ;)

Best Answer

What is your target language? High school, college? gimme something here

Best Answer

the language is afrikaans and im in high school...just starting the language this year!if i fail it,i fail my grade!i really need help on this one!please help me

Best Answer

There are some ingredients to success here: aptitude, motivation, curriculum, teacher, learning environment. I'm presuming your L1 is English. Since Afrikaans and English are Germanic cousins, there will be a little linguistic relatedness---Afrikaans comes from Franconian etc. I don't know what sort of materials you have available to you or what your assignments are like. If speaking, do you have an opportunity to practice conversations with someone? As for pronunciation, you might seek out listening to how the language sounds to get a feel for the prosidy of the language, perhaps talk radio on delicast or similar. Is this helpful?

Best Answer

you have no idea of how much you helped me...yesterday i bumped into this other afrikaans sopie called 7de laan!which i'l continue whatching...i can't seem to find any afrikaans radio station and also the people who speaks this language are not approachable!#racist#!!i picked up this other afrikaans website to help me improve my pronounciation!the!i knew i could rely on you when i first viewed your profile!!!thanks alot,i appreciate your help.;)

Best Answer

I wasn't expecting to understand as much as I was able while sampling some Afrikaans just now. You can get a feel for the rhythm of the taal by listening to some free *podcast* segments in iTunes. Many results returned by searching by Afrikaans: http://ax.search.itunes.apple.com/Webobjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/search?entity=podcast&amp;media=podcast&amp;page=1&amp;restrict=true&amp;startIndex=0&amp;term=afrikaans. ΒΆ I studied Dutch for a bit and know the two languages are closely related. What an opportunity for you. Let me know if you have any general or even specific questions. Feel free to include some language and/or cultural notes.

Best Answer

can i add you to my circle if you dont mind?please!

Best Answer

Of course. Thanks for asking. Dankie

Best Answer

hehe..."dankie"!dis my plesier-pleasure for incase i did not spell it right!

Best Answer

S - T - U - D - Y .

Best Answer

i cant even speak it...well,my pronounciation is way bad to say to me "stick to your language"

Best Answer