I am trying to find some good alternatives to using shampoo for curly hair. I stopped shampooing my hair a couple weeks ago and I was hoping for some good tips for people who don't want to use shampoo...
Arelia Arelia 18-21, F 11 Answers Feb 19 in Health

Nope I have straight black hair

Best Answer

When I nanny I never know what to do with strait hair...but its beautiful.

Best Answer

haha eh, i have straight kind of short hair..

Best Answer

CURLY HAIR IS SEXY

Best Answer

find a conditioner that works well with your hair and doesn't build up a lot. i use tresemme moisture. conditioners also have cleaning agents in them but not as much as shampoo so your hair doesn't get completely ******** of healthy oils and it'll still smell and look as if you shampooed it.

Best Answer

I have curly hair. I never shampoo. I use leave-in conditioner that I either make myself or purchase at a natural, organic store. I also use pure argan oil once a week during dry winter months because I swim weekly. In humid months, I scale back to once a month... I put a drop per section of my hair, comb it very lightly into the hair, wrap it and leave it in for 10 minutes, then wash it out. It leaves curly hair very soft, shiny and healthy.

Best Answer

FYI- if shampoo curly hair do it sparsely because it will make hair very dry and brittle... And, yucky to touch... If you do use products in your hair, I would recommend google baking soda shampoo which acts as a clarifying shampoo and gets rid of product buildup.

Best Answer

I wish that I had hair. :-(

Best Answer

Awe haha

Best Answer

Yes i have :)

Best Answer

I have curly hair also.. I have stopped combing my hair because of breakage when wet.. Idk what to do!

Best Answer

I don't comb it when wet. I only comb mine when I'm using my argan oil treatment. I find that curly hair doesn't need to be combed providing you find the right moisturizing products for your hair.

Best Answer

You're right! Thanks

Best Answer

Have you tried using a wide toothed comb? I have really long curly hair and that is what I use. It takes longer but it helps manage breakage. try using coconut oil or argon oil too. REMEMBER TO BRUSH BOTTOM TO TOP.

Best Answer

Yes but managing it is horrible.. I've given uo

Best Answer

A couple of weeks ago? Gross! I think you need to check for lice.

Best Answer

I don't want to come off as rude, but.
1.First off curly hair is different then strait hair, its more porous and loses a lot of the (good) oils when washed using a lot of every day shampoos.
2. When I say I stopped shampooing my hair that doesn't mean I have stopped washing it completely. I am a meticulously clean person and I wash myself daily, Including my hair.
3. Their are varying theories on lice and what sort of environments they prefer to inhabit at; but I can tell you a fact. That shampoo is not going to prevent lice from infesting anyone's scalp . in case your curious http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/questions/question/2837/ ( like it because the scientist is naked and tells you things;))

Best Answer

Interesting -- thx for taking the time to reply:)

Best Answer

Yeah! anytime;) Always open to answer questions. Information is power.

Best Answer

You're right on that! Kudos to you for being the grown up on this issue...Same with me RE questions:)

Best Answer

nope :)

Best Answer