odd how the military poor mouths, compared to other situations they wave the flag of.... look at me... military is treating me well...

Best Answer

I have medicare which they take out almost $100 a month, my additional additional insurance with the medicare is $176. But there are also co-pays with the medical. Dental only cleans the teeth and I still have to pay about half of the visit dental costs about $150 a year. Vision in general is every 2 years, but I have a visual issue, so I get yearly coverage under medical not vision. I put out about $2000 a year above my insurance cost in co-pays, as long as I don't go into the hospital which would cost me even more. <br />
The presc<x>ription coverage is also out side of the for-mentioned, although partly covered under the insurance, there is co-pays and if you have many presc<x>riptions or meds that fall outside of the approved list, the cost adds up. On medicare they cut you off and required you to pay even more after you reach their approved cap. Sadly as a senior, we reach the cap quickly when I have to pay for the meds. I reach the cap and then fall into their gap by March each year. leaving most of the year on my own. I often stop taking or take less of my meds during this time because I can afford them.<br />
When I first retired in 2005, I was paying almost $600 a month for insurance, but I had better coverage and paid little out of pocket including my meds, and I had vision and full-dental coverage. In the long run it was cheaper than, that what I have now, when I can least afford it. If I could afford that old policy I would go back to it.

Best Answer

It's a real shame that a country as rich as the US can't have decent, affordable healthcare for the average person, but our elected politicians have top notch insurance that we pay for..

Best Answer

I have really good health care coverage. No dental or vision coverage. And mine is nearly twice as much.

Best Answer

that's great if u can afford it.

Best Answer

It's harder than ever.

Best Answer

Nothing I'm Canadian

Best Answer

You damn Canadians get everything free...I'm moving there ASAP.

Best Answer

I'm a disabled vet. I get mine through the VA for free.

Best Answer

I thought @ working for the VA..

Best Answer

compliments of Uncle Sam.

Best Answer

Uncle Sam doesn't help me with sh!t..I'm pissed.

Best Answer

You've got to learn how to use the 'system'.

Best Answer

Gung Ho troops .

Best Answer

I paid for it in the long run.

Best Answer

It' not using the system it's fighting to protect the system. That's how you do it.

Best Answer

So did I. I gave Uncle Sam the hearing in my left ear.

Best Answer

Yes, but I'm not sure how much we pay--it's under my wife's pension. I know before she retired the price varied depending on her contract, ranging from 10% of the cost to 50%. Usually it ran into several hundred a month, I think.

Best Answer

It's rough, huh..I think they should take the Congress &amp; Senate's coverage away until everyone in US has basic coverage..after all, tax payers are paying their insurance coverage.

Best Answer

LOL I love the fact that several Tea Party congresspeople who campaigned on cutting spending tried to get their taxpayer-funded healthcare activated before their terms started.

Best Answer

Such hypocrites..

Best Answer

Zero , I'm a veteran .

Best Answer

And that makes you special, huh? LOL ;)

Best Answer

army medical corp was my gig overseas / 20 years service .

Best Answer

Uncle sam seems to think so ernie , Tax free for the rest of my life in oklahoma .

Best Answer

Im on my dads insurance so i dk:D

Best Answer

lucky...better get a good job soon though..

Best Answer