EmRose14 EmRose14 16-17, F 13 Answers Jan 7, 2012

I kinda have it! I'm texting all the time "my friends hate it" I just hate to speak on the phone, it always gets awkward and you do not know how or when it is appropriate to end the phone call!

I also get scared if the telephone rings at night I just feel that there is bad news on the other side I actually hate it when the phone rings at anytime!

Best Answer

Thaats me too

Best Answer

Kind of. I freak out when the phone rings and I have anxiety when I know I have to talk on the phone.

Best Answer

YES! i have a huge phone phobia, i don't even answer the phone if it's family, they have o leave a message and i email them back. my mom makes all my phone calls for health appointments and stuff.

Best Answer

same here! its worse with people i dont know, like business calls, but even friends! i let it ring, then text them

Best Answer

i can get kinda anxious about calling someone up out of the blue. however, i am a reformed telephone junky. i used to spend hours on the phone every day.

Best Answer

Not a phobia I just hate wasting precious time and breath talking about nothing when I can text exactly what I want to say and be done with the conversation.

Best Answer

just remember that the other party can also be feeling what you are feeling. we are all humans at the end of it all :]

Best Answer

nah i just like texting and email better

Best Answer

No but I knew someone that did. Never really understood why. Isn't it easier to talk to someone over the phone than in person when you're anxious?

Best Answer

eh thats a good point

Best Answer

Yes I do! I get called back for jobs that I applied to online. And I don't answer or check my voice mails. I turned down cash literally! This has been happening for 2 1/2 years since I graduated college and noticed that I always do this.

The only jobs I land are the ones that you can register online with. Don't like interviews either but do show up if necessary to only 30%. If I see someone really needs urgently me like if they keep calling and emailing then this is the only time I may 50/50 call them back. I also have my sisters call and pretend they are me!

When I have answered the phone with certain family members I regret it, but they are always drunk dialing or only call when they need something. I've been told horrible news by phone too in the past so maybe the phobia caused by trauma, pressure, anxiety etc. I am seeking holistic and spiritual help to get rid of this crap!

I faced my fear for a day as a stay at home telemarketer and was viciously cursed at several times by men and woman. I am a young woman. It may be the energy I am giving off like I let vampires feed off my energy or something Lol

Thanks for reading and posting this discussion :)

Best Answer