kendu kendu 31-35 14 Answers Aug 27, 2009

I have no problem paying for stuff or lending money to my man. In fact, i'd rather it be that way. I think some men think that they have to, like it's written in stone, pay for everything when they're dating. So they may willingly pay, but inside they're thinking "wow, it was so much cheaper single" and may end up resenting their girlfriend later down the road. So that's why i think it shouldl be 50/50.<br />
I dated a guy once that had to pay for EVERYTHING! Even if he was with me when i had to buy tampons, dude would whip out $20 before i could reach in my purse and grab my wallet. It kinda bothered me. I felt like saying "hey bro, i can pay for my own crap..." It made me feel guilty. I'm not sure why. It's like he had something to prove to me. <br />
I lent my boyfriend a significant ammount of money to help him get out of a hole he was in, i lent it to him when i barely knew him... bad move? potentially yes! I wasn't going to, but as soon as i saw him draw up a contract that we had notorized i knew that he was responsible. I think mostly everyone goes through rough times at least once in their life, and if i could help them out, great. It feels good to help someone.... really good. <br />
So men, stop being so stubborn and let us pay for some stuff!! it doesn't make you any less of a man, i promise :)

Best Answer

I won't accept money from a woman except maybe $20 because I have no cash on me. And ladies, a man always appreciates it if you offer to chip in, or go dutch. These days entertainment is quite expensive. <br />
However, I do believe that if a man asks a woman on a date, then he should expect to pick up the tab. <br />
We have to be honest with ourselves about our finances, why should anyone live beyond their means? That's just asking for trouble.

Best Answer

Speaking as a man and a feminist I believe things should be 50 50 NO WAY should any one at any time be expected to do any thing because of their race or gender it is morally wrong!

Best Answer

Well I'm dating a 55 year old man(I,m 35-and a single mom). He lent me $2500 to buy my car-and I pay him back $100 a fortnight.<br />
When we go out for dinner he usually pays and I pay for lunch/drinks/coffee etc when I can afford it.This works out fine for us both.

Best Answer

I aint no suga mama

Best Answer

i agree with Intrudervr. i'm old fashioned. men should pay, open car doors, and be gentlemen.<br />
mrn should be men, and let ladies be ladies.

Best Answer

I have been used for money a few too many times. But it will never EVER happen again! I promise myself and my children that. If someone comes into my life, they better be able to take care of themselves. I will not support another before myself and my kids!

Best Answer

I wouldn't give money. I believe it's great to treat a man to a dinner or movie.

Best Answer

I think relationships should be 50/50. But that doesn't work for everyone. I have no problem with it and don't expect anyone to pay my way.

Best Answer

Well, I think the gods are against me on this one.<br />
My wife likes to go out to lunch on Saturday, on this particular Saturday, it was her turn to buy. When the fortune cookies arrived, we opened them, mine said "Don't be cheap, pay for lunch". We both got a good laugh out of it, and I did indeed pay for lunch.

Best Answer