For me, I needed my bf to understand and be ok with the fact that I will never be a stay at home mom, and that my career is as important as his. He's on board, but a lot of his friends think its the wrong way to raise kids (we'll need/ use daycare). So for me, thats a make or break issue.
tjschira tjschira 22-25 5 Answers Nov 3, 2012 in Romance & True Love

Oh yes, money number one, not fair one pays more than the other. How important fidelity is to you both and what you both consider cheating.

Best Answer

I worked part-time, best of both worlds. They are only little once, so got to spend time with them, plus had my "days off" when I went to work and kept going with my career. Family helped as well. Full time child care is expensive. Also need to work out who will take time off if the children are ill, it was always me, in hindsight he could have done some. Just easier for me to take annual leave days at work here and there.

Best Answer

Yeah I assume a compromise will be necessary when we get to having children, but I think its definitely good to be in agreement on the general idea of gender roles/ labor division when it comes to raising kids. Needing to have my own career is important to me, I had to take out student loans to go to law school and I want that to be a worthwhile investment, so it was something I feel like we need to be on the same page about moving forward. I think its easier for me too, because I went to full time daycare from 6 weeks to kindergarten, so I never thought it was unusual until I grew up and moved out of the city.

Best Answer

Whatever works out best for you all is what matters. Some parents can be so damn competitive and judgmental, avoid them if you can :)

Best Answer

Many! Especially if I were to ever consider marrying again. In addition to basic integrity, faithfulness, truthfulness, etc., I MUST have cleanliness in a mate! I don't mean no clutter, I mean washing one's hands -- REALLY washing one's hands after touching something disgusting. No using his fingers to clean out the kitchen sink drain -- which sees such things as raw chicken juice dumped down it and then just going on his way touching other things in the house. Yuck!

Best Answer

lol thats something I didnt think of before I moved in with my bf, but its definitely something we squabble about the most. Messiness usually, but also cleanliness, and whose turn it is to clean.

Best Answer

faithful and trust

Best Answer

Just to agree to always work things thro x

Best Answer