silenthawk silenthawk 46-50, M 16 Answers Apr 18 in Hobbies

i like thereisnoname's answer, but she's blocked me for some reason i've forgotten [if i ever knew], so i can't rate it

Best Answer

*smiles ruefully*

Best Answer

I hear myself thanking God so I guess I must be giving credit there for results. I do believe in Divine Guidance. I also believe we have Free Will. I spent a large part of my life blaming religion for my hang-ups. I'm glad I was finally able to set us both free from that.

Best Answer

I pray to Joe Pesci. He doesn't **** around and always gets results.

Best Answer

I have no God. So, I'm accountable for results, and the lack thereof.

Best Answer

No, that's kind of like footballers blaming the referee.

Best Answer

Nope. But sometimes I have been a victim of circumstance. Just minding my own business, and oh no.

Best Answer

I hear what you are saying, but does it feel sometimes like maybe He is not there?

Best Answer

I have no doubt in a way I can't explain. I'm not even certain of He or She. I do feel a presence around me and through me though when I think about it.
That's just my interpretation, and I'm not going to go knocking on doors trying to convert people or save them.

Best Answer

I have no religion, I take full responsibility for myself and the results I get

Best Answer

Is that empowering?

Best Answer

Yes, I am no longer part of a herd

Best Answer

Maybe I will join yours...lol, I am realizing that maybe I am the answer to my own prayers, just need courage to act

Best Answer

yes it took me many years to have the guts to leave...I found in the end, the only reason I was staying was because of people I had known all my life, and that is not the right reason to go.

Best Answer

Ty Hawk <3 I hope you will be at peace with whatever you decide for the future of your faith...but remember..... who is man to be so arrogant as to place boundaries on a god and tell others what he can and cannot do, who he can and cannot love? If he is real, he is everywhere and you don't need a building or a flock to have spirituality and the morals to be your best self.

Best Answer

Yup. When I stub my toe, I blame the sun. When I find nourishment I thank the sun.

Best Answer

I have no god and adhere to no religion

Best Answer

No.. its our own actions that are accountable for our results.

Best Answer

So, He is completely uninvolved in our lives?

Best Answer

He is always there. But he has also given us a free will. So its how we use the free will that determines our results. Just like if you have a child, you love your child a lot and you tell him not to put his hand in the fire. But then even despite you telling him, he puts his hand in the fire and burns it. Now he can't blame you for him burning his hand. You were always there for him as his loving parent and you did advise him out of love. And also you didn't force him to do anything. So we have to be responsible for our own actions and try to rise above the dualities of life and see what God wants and just go with the transcendental flow.

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

No. We are children of free will. We cannot blame god because the car won't start!

Best Answer