Questionator Questionator 26-30 127 Answers Sep 4, 2011

Question of the Day

Yes. To a degree. It's a natural response to someone. <br />
If someone has on a habit, I assume that person is a nun and probably pious. If someone is very pretty, I assume she probably has had certain advantages as a result. If a man is really tall and thin, I might predict that he at some point played basketball. If someone is sloppy looking and lying on a park bench, My first instinct would be that he might be homeless or intoxicated. <br />
Our minds are constantly weighing and measuring all of the information that is entering in through our senses. If someone looks, smells, or even sounds a certain way, our minds will automatically make certain judgments. Whether we override those as having no solid basis depends on other things that we might decide are possible. But the initial impression is almost always the visual. And there is an instant sort of appraisal that goes with that.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

will u please elaborate&gt;

Best Answer

Geee...I thought I did!

Best Answer

cute.

Best Answer

You did. And very well I might add. I have decided that instead of answering this question, I will simply vote for your answer and leave it at that.

Best Answer

i agree. good answer

Best Answer

Unfortunately, like a lot of women (and many men, probably) I judge myself pretty harshly on appearance. It's a real problem.

Best Answer

same

Best Answer

Frak yeah I do. I just try not to let those judgements affect my decisions or how I treat people.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

And how has that worked out for you...

Best Answer

Great.

Best Answer

Nope. Not really. It's more like how they look at me, talk at me and act with me that made me how to judge them than what they look like or what they wear. Besides, a human being has that earthly personalities.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

sometimes

Best Answer

No...it's whats inside that counts.

Best Answer

no because i value inner beauty much more !

Best Answer

Unfortunately I do.

Best Answer

Appearance is important. It's the first impression you give of yourself.

Best Answer

I don't care what any one says, 95% of people judge others on how they look. You may not "act" upon that judgement, or even admit it, but it's definately there. I'm a person that went from being fat to being physically fit, and I get a lot more "wanted" attention now that I'm more socially accepted. You may say you don't judge a book by it's cover, but I challenge every one of you that say you don't judge to "befriend, or date" a person over 230lbs. . If you are a person that is over that weight already, you say you don't judge because you are being judged, and know how it feels. If the "fat" phobia isn't what you judge, than get to know that handi-capped, homeless, saggy-pants person, lady with her face covered with a veil, and so on. That's only if they don't judge you first.

Best Answer

Well, for the fat fetishists it's the reverse.

Best Answer

I'am ok, until I see any guy, with his pants half way down his ***...uuhhhh, this ****** me off so badly.

Best Answer

i try not too but there were times that i had

Best Answer

The world teaches us to judge people by their appearance But God doesn't judge people by how they look -- and neither should we One main reason we're not qualified to judge others is because we don't know their thoughts and intentions. Only God does.......:)

Best Answer

No he just judges them over other things they can't control like sexual preference .

Best Answer

Sometimes it depends on what they say to. Sometimes appearances can be deceiving just because a person looks good doesnt mean their nice.

Best Answer

I think we all judge people to some degree on appearance. Is someone looks sloppy then they probably don't feel good about themselves & that is a type of judgment. If you are looking for an employee that greets clients, I think someone clean cut is probably preferable. But do I judge a blond or a brunette or a red head?.....certainly not.....do I judge someone who takes time to dress nicely?....probably......do I value someone with obvious money vs. poverty?.......certainly not.......I more 'judge' people for what they give out with their words, their smile, and their laughter and acceptance of others......I don't like the word 'judge,' I think it's more of 'how I feel about being around that person.....'

Best Answer

Nope, I want to befriend all kinds of faces whether attractive or not...........

Best Answer

Of course I do. Anyone who doesn't is guilty of wilful blindness.<br />
Most people will tell you exactly who they are by how they choose to dress themselves and through body language. Their voice patterns, grammar and pronunciation also says a lot about them. This is why our initial impression of most people is uncannily accurate.

Best Answer

I agree completely.

Best Answer

I don't agree at all. People misjudge others all the time. There is a phenomenon known as unconscious projection wherein individuals habitually project their own faults and shortcomings, fears, anxieties, hositilities, perversities, and what else have you onto others. There is a saying, "There is something about me which you do not like about yourself." What people believe about others as often contains a self serving bias which has more to do with their own individual psychology than reality. We often only imagine the other individual if we see them as an individual at all that is. People fall in love with their projected, idealized image of their internalized anima or animus. If we are poor, we may have either an adoring or envious towards the rich. If we are rich we may be sympathetic or hostile towards the interests of the poor, which will alter how we view them. What we sense, think, feel and judge about others, how we percieve them, says more about ourselves at times than it says about the other. The majority of people form their judgements on the basis of their feelings. What they feel precedes what they think. Their feelings are based on personal and social prejudices, attitudes which reflect their specific class and cultural interests, etc. I hate it when people who do not know me judge me. It usually entails misattribution to me of qualities which I do not contain. When someone judges me, as people too often do, they confess their own shortcomings, unbeknownst to themselves. They engage in social and psychological perversity, while presenting an image and attitude of righteousness that is more often than not accepted on face value by the gullible majority.

Best Answer

Yes image is evrything it is a shallow and predjudice world. It would be nice if it wasnt but we are indocrinated with images of perfection all our lives so is it any wonder that society will accept nothing less and we will be a lonly species as a result

Best Answer

no. i may notice differences but i dont judge. its whats on the inside that counts. i prefer and highly regard uniqueness and being different as very human normal and would rather have that.

Best Answer

NO NO

Best Answer