meganvictoria20 meganvictoria20 13-15, F 12 Answers Aug 1, 2012

I have an idea.<br />
Why not pluck your leg hairs instead. It'll help in the long run with shaving and if you're lucky the pain will keep your mind off your scalp.

Best Answer

*hands over tweezer*

Best Answer

Sadly not hunni, I don't know a great deal but I'm guessing it's either a stress or an OCD habit. It can't hurt to book an appointment with your doctor they'll give you much more professional advice than an internet forum, good luck x

Best Answer

Squeeze an ice cube in your hand, for as long as you can stand it.<br />
Distract yourself.<br />
Pain your nails, three coats.<br />
Wear gloves.<br />
Pinch yourself.<br />
Do square breathing. (breathe in four seconds, hold four seconds, release for four seconds, hold for four seconds; repeat). This actually forces your heart rate to slow down, and decreases anxiety.<br />
Apply a light coat of vaseline to the area you want to pull from. You won't be able to grip the hairs.

Best Answer

Its called trichotillomania. There are groups on EP about this. I have done this in the past. I once pulled out a large patch on my head, embarrasing and took forever for it to look normal. I would also pull out pubes. I just would get stressed and not even realize I was doing it. It seems to provide some weird relief but possible infections too. I put my long hair in a bun, and kept other areas shaved so it couldnt be a possibility. Have to keep your hands busy or get away from slow time that allows you to do these desructive things. Or talk to a therapist to find out what is causing the stress and anxiety/ocd...

Best Answer

Go to the doctor. This is called trichotillomania, it's considered a type of Obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Best Answer

take some drugs

Best Answer

I have a cousin who did this. There is a name for it but I don't remeber what it is. She is now totally bald. Do you want to be bald? Think about it. She also pulled out her brows and lashes.

Best Answer

Practice loving yourself.

Best Answer

shave it off

Best Answer

That's what I was going to suggest.

Best Answer