My best friend in High School had Asperger's, just curious.
rainbowbrat09 rainbowbrat09 22-25, F 14 Answers Sep 27, 2012 in Health

I am pretty sure I have known or know four girls who likely had it (but two are paired with other disorders) and they have been quite involved in my life. I also know that I have seen many guys with it now that I am in college and I knew two people in my gym class (where there were always the worst people including one of these guys). And there was this artist guy who drew really detailed art, but it was far too blase for me. And there was this guy who had it who I dare say was the ugliest person in the world (and he's not fat cause I don't think fat is usually ugly). Yeah, I am being judgmental about these people, but I knew also only by judgement in most cases (especially girls who are never really diagnosed). I find it unfortunate that a lot of these men are so disagreeable with me since I feel it is a really hard thing to grow up with AS.

Best Answer

My own ten years old son has high functioning autism. I love him as he is, even tho it can be challenging at times.

Best Answer

Yeah, a manager where I work has Asperger's.

Best Answer

Yes, one of the smartest people I know.

Best Answer

Yes. Some are brilliant scientists!

Best Answer

They think Einstien was an Aspie. They also say Bill Gates might be too. I know Dr. Sheldon Cooper is lol.

Best Answer

yes i do. he's a wonderful guy.

Best Answer

yep my nephew

Best Answer

I.do...

Best Answer

May I ask who? You don't have to give names, but what relation are they to you?

Best Answer

A fellow student and my therapists daughter

Best Answer

My little brother's autistic. He can't really talk, but he loves Thomas the Tank Engine more than anything

Best Answer

There's a book about a boy with autism who loves Thomas The Tank. Thanks to his dog and his parent's persistent teaching he's now verbal and going to college to become a pre-school teacher.

Best Answer

I've read it, it's really good. But the couple then had another child with autism

Best Answer

Yeah, did you know if 1 identical twin is autistic, the chances of the other 1 also being autistic are about 70%?

Best Answer

Yes, I'm studying it in psychology A level.

Best Answer

Cool. I read that in an article about identical twins. A dear frind of mine has a daughter who's autistic, and she's finally said her 1st sentence! She's getting much better.

Best Answer

That's good to hear. If the daughter has a problem with human expression there is a children's program called 'the transporters' it was designed by psychologist Baron-Cohen especially for autistic children

Best Answer

Yes...both

Best Answer

Yes, I know someone very close to me with HFA

Best Answer