My mom does this obsessively and it drives me nucking futs. I obsessivley break the cutlery and cups and stuff when i throw them away. Ugh disgusting. Why buy the disposable stuff to try to rewash and use. Erks me.
deadgirlsfairytale deadgirlsfairytale 26-30, F 18 Answers Jun 18, 2012

We had a crazy old guy here that even repaired the foam plates with duct tape but flip side he left his family 1million bucks

Best Answer

I went to my fathers one day and seen baggies on the clothes line...."Dad does the neighborhood really need to see your cheap *** wife's used baggies on the line? Really? Really? I know and you know how much you make a year! This is embarrassing take them down" problem solved

Best Answer

haha! My mum used to do that...wash out the ziplocks. I bought her a box for Christmas one year.

Best Answer

Lol funny but still thoughtful

Best Answer

my mother does this. and the straws too.

Best Answer

hey! that's uptown. folks who are bugged by the idea of washing disposable eatlery would freak out, indeed, over people who lay kleenex out to dry so it can be used again.

Best Answer

Depends; I have been known to wash and reuse the heavy duty forks and knives for picnics and camping. But it is a matter of adding them to the dishwasher with all of the regular dishes etc. <br />
Since I am already running the dishwasher I don't see why to toss them out if they are still good. Plates- cups etc get tossed after being used.

Best Answer

I sometimes rinse off paper plates if I know I might want to use it later in the same day instead of getting a new one and my mom drinks those 1 liter calorie free flavored waters and I rince out the bottle and fill them with ice tea mix, freeze them and take them to work then when Im done they go in the pastic recycle bin at work cause we use alot of paper, pastic and cardbord for shipping cartons and packing material, once a week we take a truck load to be recycled.

Best Answer

I will do this with bottles like that on occasion. Fill half with water and lay on its side in freezer. Fill the rest with water and take it with you on a hot day.

Best Answer

My husband has done this before and it makes me nuts also. I always take them and throw them out.

Best Answer

Lol

Best Answer

I've got about half a dozen plastic "disposable" small plates (suitable for sandwiches, snacks) which I inherited from my mother 10 years ago. She'd used them and washed them for years and I even put them through my dishwasher - I just like them<br />
Wouldn't re-wash cups or cutlry though - in fact only use them in fast food places when I've no choice !

Best Answer

I think we're related, my mom does the same things :)

Best Answer

Lol

Best Answer

sometimes I'll absent-mindedly rinse a solo cup, but never plasticware LOL

Best Answer

is guilty :( lol

Best Answer

I Do :-)

Best Answer

I dont reuse the plates and cups but the cutlery yes. I dont know why I just do it. Esp the good kind. It is so pretty. LOL

Best Answer