My mother claims her dreams never include people or places she knew/knows and she's puzzled. I feel that this is part of her deep denial of what was and what is, so she doesn't even allow her subconscious to bring her issues she has to face. I hope someone else has any insight.
beatriz11 beatriz11 31-35, F 4 Answers Dec 11, 2012 in Dreams

Your mom and I have something in common. I detail it in my story, "The Otherverse"... although it sounds as if your mom is claiming that she's herself in her dreams, just surrounded by strangers-- whereas, in my dreams, I'M NOT ME-- so, I am surrounded by strangers, in strange places-- but these strangers KNOW this person I am in the dream, just as I KNOW them as that person in the dream, and the place I am in-- even if I have NEVER been there before in my waking life. My dreams are kind of like episodes of Quantum Leap, only-- without the holograms to assist me, or the active "leap" in or out of this person's life that I am "riding" for that time.

Best Answer

it happens with me a lot...

Best Answer

No, I don't. I have never even heard about a dream peopled *only* with strangers! And strangers often bear some feature of a person you know. Can you even make up a total stranger?

Best Answer

Everyone in your dream you have seen in life at some point. - Dream Fun Fact

Best Answer