rewoolridge rewoolridge 51-55, F 5 Answers Sep 20, 2012 in Health

Most relate that it is painfull until loss of conciousness.

Best Answer

I watched a man have a stroke. He went into confusion. His last coherent words were, "Where is my June?". June was his wife of 50 years. He was camping and his wife was 300 miles away. He was crying. He knew he was in trouble. It took about 40 minutes for the ambulance to arrive and when they did, none were qualified to help. They were only trainees. I helped put the man onto the stretcher and then he was loaded into the ambulance and rushed to a hospital 200 miles away. The man slipped into a coma about 20 minutes before reaching the hospital and died 12 hours later. At no time was he in pain. He just slipped deeper and deeper into confusion and then went into a coma and never came out. Found out later that his sister had died of a stroke 10 years earlier and his brother had died of a stroke earlier that year. Obviously, its genetic.

There are different kinds of strokes. Perhaps some are painful, but from what I have read and heard, it seems some are not painful. Its more confusing and disorientating. I've spoken with three people who have had strokes, one had a severe stroke, but made a complete recovery. None spoke of pain.

Best Answer

Thank you for that.

Best Answer

yes it is painful. often described as the worst headache ever, the worst part is usually your not able to explain yourself, even though you might try to talk it often comes out making no sense. I work with patients who have had strokes and then end up in rehab and recover, it is amazing to hear thier stories.

Best Answer

It is if your stroking a hedgehog o_0

Best Answer

This is no time for jokes for me.

Best Answer

I agree people should be more considerable of others illnesses

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

Whatever. Its pretty obv a stroke hurts and they already got an answer before i gave mine

Best Answer