well both my sons go to school and they study alcohol and marijuana both alternatives to medication

Best Answer

As a medial student I do not recommend alternative medicine.

Best Answer

As a former medical professional I do not recommend rejecting a subtype of a science as a whole...yes, I agree, most of the "alternative" methods are superstitious bulls*it, but I'd suggest you have a closer look at herbal medicine...an example: the active ingredient in Aspirine is acetylsalicylic acid...it got its name from the "salix" group of plants as the substance which is then refined into ASA is found in the bark of those plants...so if you're out in the woods and need a painkiller, but you don't have any Aspirine on you, carve off some of the bark, boil it in water and then drink the (really disgusting..) stuf...it will have the same effect...
The laws of biochemistry do not care about whether a certain chemical comes from a laboratory or from your garden... ;)

Best Answer