I've seen things go both ways (no pun intended). I knew a guy who was gay until his mid-30's, at which point he starting dating a female friend of his and wound up marrying her. They just had their first child a couple of months ago. Likewise I knew a guy who was married for 15 years and had two kids before finally coming out of the closet. I think the vast majority of humans would be bisexual if left completely to their own devices, so this doesn't really surprise me.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing! :)

Best Answer

yes they used to do that alot they would have these camps to make you straight i think they still do i personally ma not a fan of them but if the person themselves makes the decision then i guess its good to have the option available

Best Answer

Wouldn't that still be considered bisexual though?

Best Answer

How could that be if they're never engage in homosexual behavior ever again? :)

Best Answer

I have come across guys who pretend to be straight and marry and have kids its terrible really. I know gay guys, who get married guys trying to pick them up all the time, lucky they reject them, because they believe its wrong when they are married. So many guys pretend to be straight because society still in many places dos not view being gay acceptable. Really they are lying to themselves, and the wife by being married. They are often the ones you would never suspect. They live double lives. I admire people for being themselves and being honest, then merely living a lie. I believe why they do it is because of societies views of them, and if they get someone pregnant because of attempting to live up to societies norms. They know what they stand to loose if the truth is revealed. Also a lot of work places dos not view homosexuality as being acceptable, so they have less opportunities when they express their sexuality openly. Unless they are in the entertainment industry. Family and societies pressures of what you should do have a lot to do with this, it is wrong for a guy like this to get with a woman, any woman deserves someone who truly loves her for her. In this case that is not the reason. Then the relationship is ba<x>sed on deception. Everyone wants to be accepted, some will settle for just being accepted, its better than not being accepted at all, others stand up for who they are, and what they believe in, now i admire people like that.

Best Answer

I live in a Muslim country and I know gay men who are would be shamed and shunned by their families and society and are driven into arranged marriages out of fear. Homosexuality is forbidden here and therefore the stigma to come out is to some too much to bear! As a gay man myself I understand their pressure and ultimately feel sorry for them and their future spouses who will probably never learn of the deceit. Life is not always fun......

Best Answer

I can see why its hard for men to be themselves,
when they are shamed and shunned out for it.

Best Answer

Pollysea - You don't have to answer if you don't want to but I'd like to ask, have you ever been physically, psychologically or sexually abused as a child? :)

Best Answer

No. But I know a lot of people in the church who try to pray the gay away, and grow up with self-loathing and mental issues, trying to convince themselves they've been "healed" for the sake of others.

Best Answer

Were these individuals also the victims of mental, physical or sexual abuse?

Best Answer

They're just repressing who they really are - too bad - it'll be hell for them in the long run

Best Answer
Best Answer

No. I can think of bisexuals and people who have pretended they're straight (ahem Republican Senators) however.

Best Answer
Best Answer