PoetryNEmotion PoetryNEmotion 51-55, F 17 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in Health

I can smell death and Im not talking about decay. Its a distinctive smell and since I worked in a hospital I noticed after a while I coulf smell it miles away when someone passed over. I,think animals smell it also maybe.

Best Answer

you are correct. i do as well. animals always know impending death. some have talents...thank you.

Best Answer

You can also smell fear and even blood has a smell if you have crossed the wall.

Best Answer

Yes. I am well aware...I have a very acute smell of sense and I am a healer too.

Best Answer

Life smells like the orgasmic sweet (& sweat) smell of making love in the morning, making love in the afternoon, making love at night. Death, since usually the bowels let loose often smells like urine and excrement in the immediate term and rotten meat as time goes by.

Best Answer

Yours is the best answer thus far...But I am talking about death before that stage. Thank you. You surprise me at times with your wisdom.

Best Answer

My mother died at 93 in a care-home which had a distinctive smell and my younger brother of cancer when he was 31 in a hospice . . . so that is different than I described so I understand your use of "sour" and also your reference to "rain" and although I've seen death in the rain, "rain" and it's direct aftermath still makes me think of life renewing itself . . . . a fresh smell of life itself

Best Answer

Well, I did have an experience where I FELT death. I've never been one to believe stuff like that...but ....while driving to school one morning on a long country road..I was suddenly hit with a feeling of extreme saddness. I had no clue what was going on as I was just listening to my radio drinking coffee. It was so bad I had to pull over. I sat there...and cried...it was scary and the most awful feeling. I eventually drove on to school. That day for lunch I went to a local pizza joint. There was a flyer hanging up about a local teen who had died when her house burned to the ground. They were collecting money for her family. I found out it was her house I drove by when I had that horrible feeling that morning. I have no other explanation for it...

Best Answer

I understand. Thank you. You pick up on these things...

Best Answer

I'm in nursing school. What area do you work in?

Best Answer

yes..i have a friend, she happens to have psychic abilities, and can smell death,and gets awfully nauseous around patients that are soon to die.Simply can not visit a hospital. it will be intersting to see what happens when she has to be there for her own issues. then what?

Best Answer

Yes, I am a nurse. I can always smell death and life...Neuilly: Just for you-sexless marriages smell of a lingering death...wasted time...Understand? And regrets...

Best Answer

Vietnam Vet...been there... experienced death... father of 4 wonderful children...yes, you are right on both counts!

Best Answer

Yes, I know..And so do you...

Best Answer

Death smells like pee. Life smells like Cinnabon.

Best Answer

No. People near death smell like ....not urine. Though they may...I like your life-smell!

Best Answer

lol thanks

Best Answer

You are not familiar to me. But I enjoy your new responses. Welcome!

Best Answer

I know that in some cancer pts you can smell it I think some people can tell when they are going to die

Best Answer

Of course. Many things in diseases can be smelled. Yes, they can. I am a nurse and I know this.

Best Answer

Don't you just mean decay? That smells, big time... Come to that, life's a bit whiffy too. Or maybe I just need a shower...

Best Answer

No, death...You should shower. Daily.

Best Answer

i think its true , i never smelled it though

Best Answer

Hope you never do...

Best Answer

I know the smell of death my aunt was reeking of it today when I saw her my dad thinks her kidneys are failing

Best Answer

That is ammonia. And death....

Best Answer

yep smelled death alot, depends on how the patient died.

Best Answer

You and me both...

Best Answer

you work in emergency services?

Best Answer

A nurse. And you?

Best Answer

No, no death smell. I strongly believe that is the worst term any professional in the medical world can say. When someone begins to pass away the body does change. Normally no one is bathing them. They run fevers, they sweat, the linen isn't changed. When a person is alive they bathe, right. I have been around death for over ten years. You can't smell it happening, the fact is you know the signs, plan and simple.

Best Answer

Girlfriend had miscarriage today or like 2days ago. Had to go for ultrasound today for them to confirm it. While in the waiting room I noticed that sour musky pungent smell. There were other women waiting for their scans in the small room. Guess the same thing happened to all these women. And us. We both knew our tiny baby had died but still held on for 1 last bit, a miracle perhaps. My girl told me the room smelt , I think she thought it was just the woman sat in front of us, but the thing I didn't tell my girl is that I could smell that smell on her also. The smell was less a smell than when my dad died and I had to ride in the car for 2.5hrs with him. Nevertheless it s the same smell. Usually I don't have a good sense of smell but I will never forget "The Smell."

Best Answer